Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who's your mentor? >

Who's your mentor?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who's your mentor?

Old 01-10-2004, 11:23 AM

Default RE: Who's your mentor?

MY UNCLE , MY DAD DID NOT HUNT SO MY UNCLE TOOK ME UNDER HIS WING AND BEEN HUNTING WITH HIM EVER SINCE I WAS 12 21 YEARS.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:56 AM

On a more serious note,I will have to truly say my mentor is my DAD, he bought me my first BBgun and I took off from there to the love of hunting! He always took us along on huting and camping trips, brings back alot of good times we shared together!
Old 01-10-2004, 12:14 PM

JESUS the CHRIST- How could it possibly be anyone other than Him (God)? After all...."by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together." (Col. 1:16-17)

Humans are sinners we cannot be fully trusted because of the sin that lives within our flesh. Christ is the ultimate perfect teacher who can be fully trusted and will always give the perfect advice!!
Old 01-10-2004, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

My dad. He got me started in hunting and fishing. He taught me about 3/4 of all I know. I learned a lot from Deer and Deer Hunting and other books. Most of which he disagrees with. But, it's a lot of fun arguing with and making drives for him. I am truly thankful he taught me how to hunt and fish. I don't know what other people do from Sept-Feb and March-May and all the other weekends.
Old 01-10-2004, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nobody........I wish I could say my father, uncle etc but nobody in my family hunts AT ALL. Not sure where the desire to hunt and fish ever came from but I had my own Sports Afield subscription at age 7 and a desire to be in the woods every chance I got. I have always been interested in shooting sports and picked up a bow for the first time as a 9yr old Cub Scout. I won an archery competition for the entire Jamboree (maybe 400 scouts from all over PA) during that first experience........I was hooked, but didn't get my first real bow until I was 12. I don't recall many days for a few years where I wasn't shooting that thing. All afternoon at the local gun club shooting in the summer heat etc.....I was like a 'Bowbum' and Troutbum from the start.
I can honestly say that everything I know about hunting and fishing I have learned by myself, mostly through trial and error.
Old 01-10-2004, 05:53 PM

My brother inlaw.
He got me started at 9 years old bow, rifle ,pistol, and of course shotgun.
Lets not for get fishing.
What really hurts is that he past away 6 years ago.
The best part is I get to pass it on to my children.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

Without a doubt it's my father. He taught me everything I know about hunting, and pretty much everything else in life.

My first hunting trip to Canada I was in 1st grade and I got to see him shoot a bear at 12 yards with his bow. The rest is history.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:49 PM
Spike

My mentor is my brother 5shot. I have never known anyone else who is
as passionate or dedicated to hunting/bowhunting. I think it started out
because I wanted to do what my big brother was doing and it turned out
to be a whole lot more. I love hunting/bowhunting and still strive every
year to be better at it. The person who I look to for advise is 5shot.

OH YEA BRO DON'T LET THIS
GO TO YOUR HEAD!