Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Can a Deer really hide in 5 acres????? >

Can a Deer really hide in 5 acres?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can a Deer really hide in 5 acres?????

Old 12-13-2003, 07:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Can a Deer really hide in 5 acres?????

I would say that a deer cannot continually evade you in a 5 acre plot. That circumstance was unique being that she never came out. But, I would still insist that a deer that only has 5 acres to roam has no chance.
I'm not in the least bit saying that they are not very intelligent anc crafty animals. Like everyone else, i've seen it all. I've stepped on them, I've seen them laying in ditches on the side of roads, etc...... That's not the point here. We all know they are super evasive animals. Like David said though once you do find them and they know of your presence 10 out of 10 times they are not going to stick around in 5 acres for you to have a 2nd chance. I know i'll hear war stories now about driving/pushing. How we pushed that 2 acre plot 15 times and that big buck kept circling us blah blah blah. Bottom line is give me a chance at a deer that I know will not go more than a 5 acre square. I'm certainly not the best hunter in the world, but I like my chances pretty good. With or without the Keg!!
Old 12-13-2003, 08:08 AM

NY,

If you are up fo a challenege, I have just the area for you. It is a tad over 5 acres. Bring any weapon of choice, do any style of hunting, and we will see your results.
Old 12-13-2003, 08:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Is it fenced?
Old 12-13-2003, 08:18 AM

I watched a 6 point this year put the drop on some drivers, they had just finished there drive and were standing in a weed field and he circled around them at fifty yards and they didnt even notice it was hilarious. he watched them the whole time, and was been really sneaky.