Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What have you learned?? >

What have you learned??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What have you learned??

Old 12-10-2003, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What have you learned??

That you dont need the most exspensive bow and gear to be a good hunter,
what you feel comfortable with is more important.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:02 PM

I've learned, at others' expense, to not post anything about wounding and not finding an animal. Surest way to make yourself feel about 2" tall and that you're the dumbest, dirtiest hunter alive.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:11 PM

The signle most significant thing that I learned is that I don't have to pay a zillion dollars for scent free products when I can use peroxide and make my own home brew. Thanks T.R.!!!!

Also, there are a lot of great guys on this site and I am glad to be a part of it.

TBO
Old 12-11-2003, 06:31 AM

Fisrt there is a lot of great advice in here. To narrow it down to just one, I would probably have to go with the "Can Call Secret" post. I was just getting ready to throw mine away because sometimes it didn't sound realistic at all (it would stick or hesitate when I flipped it).

I never would have thought to blow through the hole!!

Awesome idea and thanks for catching me before I tossed it!
Old 12-11-2003, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

Very interesting to learn how people hunt, think and prepare in different parts of the country.

Have discovered that their are many levels of dedication and desire towards bowhunting, and that I fall somewhere in the middle...but moving my way up every year.

Tips on tracking, stands (Summit), what to eat, what not to eat, arrows, broadheads, scent-control methods...and the list goes on and on.

The one thing that I have been curious about is the before mentioned ASAT camo. You got me...I'll be buying some after Christmas...assuming there is still an inventory.

It's just nice to come to a place and read about hunts (good or bad) and learning from others experiences. You guys (and gals) have taught me a lot and always look forward to stealing a few minutes from work to come onto the message board.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

The most important thing I learned is that different places of the country hunt differently. its not good or bad just different.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:20 PM

I learned that I can give up smokes and replace it with my addiction for this place.

And that if I posted a pic (which I still don't know how) of a scrubby buck that most of you would congratulate me and make me feel even better than I already would.

Also, that "Ethics" topics can make for some interesting discussion.

Good Hunting
Old 12-12-2003, 10:39 PM

What was the best thing that I learned?

That is easy......

I learned a new found respect for whitetail deer

I learned it from the greatest guy out there....... Cardeer
Old 12-12-2003, 11:38 PM

i have learned that we are all part of something speacial, a family, we all have walked different paths in life and share that with one another to make us better people, to make us better hunters. I thank everyone of you guys and gals.
Old 12-13-2003, 04:10 AM
Fork Horn

The best thing i learned is that if you have a garmin gps and us it with their topo mapsource that you need to change the map dalrum to NAD27contus.
Thanks to whoever posted that a short while back!
Dan

Quick Reply: What have you learned??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.