Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 65% Let-off Rule Dead...finally >

65% Let-off Rule Dead...finally

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

65% Let-off Rule Dead...finally

Old 12-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 65% Let-off Rule Dead...finally

Pope and Young Club was formed by bowhunters to be our political voice. What made them bowhunting's 'point man' is US. If it weren't for the work P&Y did, it probably would have been YEARS before some states ever put in a bow season, if ever. They're still working. Let something that P&Y does go undone and you would definitely see a difference.

The book is a small part of what P&Y is all about. Too bad that's what gets all the attention.

I am not a member of P&Y. But I am grateful for what they've done for bowhunting, and grateful for what they continue to do. I decided long ago that I would abide by their rules of fair chase even though I was not obliged by law to do so. It was my way of repaying them for what they've done for bowhunters. If others had seen things like that, there would never have been a controversy over let-off in the first place.

Unfortunately, too many people are calling themselves 'bowhunters' now that don't have a clue about ANY of the history or traditions of bowhunting. (Contrary to popular opinion, tradition is NOT a dirty word!) A bowhunter should be more than just some suburbanite yayhoo dressed up like a commando, sitting in a tree with a bow and a half ton of clinking, clattering gadgets and looking stupid.

Like it or not, each one of us is an ambassador for bowhunting. Each one of us can sway bowhunting's image one way or the other. I like the image that Pope and Young Club and their members present to the public. The image so many Johnny-come-lately 'bowhunters' present is so embarrassing I don't want anyone to think I'm even remotely associated with them.

Sorry for getting off on a tangent, but I got my hot button pushed.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:28 PM

Unfortunately, too many people are calling themselves 'bowhunters' now that don't have a clue about ANY of the history or traditions of bowhunting. (Contrary to popular opinion, tradition is NOT a dirty word!) A bowhunter should be more than just some suburbanite yayhoo dressed up like a commando, sitting in a tree with a bow and a half ton of clinking, clattering gadgets and looking stupid.
Well there you go ....................you just described me to a tee[] yup even including the looking stupid part[X(]

Lucky for you you missed my "button"[:-]

You want to try again[>:]
Old 12-08-2003, 05:48 PM

whoop de do. like i care.