Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
attempting to decide carbon or alluminum >

attempting to decide carbon or alluminum

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

attempting to decide carbon or alluminum

Old 02-05-2002, 09:03 PM

Default attempting to decide carbon or alluminum

want to know what new shafts to buy? Have shot many alluminum shafts latly. Need the hitting power and also like the speed. I need something durable enough that will handle target shooting and hunting.Thanks guys for the imput. I don't shoot too bad with alluminums eight arrows 40 yards 5 inch group. But I still think that I need to tighten my group more with carbons. Thanks
Edited by - carlellik on 02/05/2002 22:14:33

Edited by - carlellik on 02/07/2002 10:28:12
Old 02-05-2002, 09:08 PM

Default RE: attempting to decide carbon or alluminum

I recomend the new Beman ICS Hunter Camo...Great looking arrow, increased weight for a carbon and still all the toughness we have come to expect from carbons. If you wanna spend a few more bucks ACC's are top of the class in my opinion
Old 02-05-2002, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

It really depends on what you are willing to spend. There are so many good ones out there. I have grown fond of Gold tips. They are reletively inexpensive and super tough. I have had a half dozen now for about 2 years. I shoot a 62lbs bow with a 100gr head with complete passthroughs on whitetails.
The only complaint I have about them is that they are a little noisy and hard on your rest. They have slick tubes that seem to do well with them though.

Just my suggestion though.
Old 02-05-2002, 09:48 PM

I haven't tried the Gold Tips in the past couple of years, people say they made some great changes. When they first come out I had a problem with the insert busting out if the took a very hard lick. Seems to me by all the opinions I've seen on here Gold Tips have gotten better.
Old 02-05-2002, 09:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I only use gold tips they are very tough
but the draw back with them is the same as muzzyman they are tough on rests
but get the muzzy ze and that wont be a problem
also if you are going to shoot them into targets polish them with some car polish or soap first makes them a lot easier to get out
Old 02-05-2002, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm tired of the slight bends in aluminum that cause erratic arrow flight. I used to think it was me, or the bow set up, but when I started marking arrows, then testing them on an actual spin tester, I was suprised at what I was seeing. Goodbye Easton, I'll probably be a new Beman ICS fan. I can't justify the extra $2-3 each for camo though.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:17 PM

www.goldtip.com www.thegametracker.com www.carbon-tech.com Good luck finding the arrows you want

>>>>--------o-->
Old 02-05-2002, 10:34 PM
Fork Horn

man i thought everyone shot carbons..lol..befor you guys go and spend all that money you should check out the NEW CAMO gold tips. im impressed its a vast improvement over the regular carbons. theve got a coating of somekind on them and guaranteed not to wear off under normal use. i paid $62.00 for the ones i have. quiet on the rest even without shrink tube or teflon its smooth as silk.
Ron
Old 02-05-2002, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm new, but have been impressed with the SME Epsilons. Quiet on draw & very tough. I hit a steel post at the range & ruined the tip & broke the nock. No damage to the arrow though. Reasonably priced, too.
Old 02-06-2002, 06:36 AM

Once again, I'll harp on the fact that you don't need to leave out the Blackhawk vapors. They are very reasonably priced and were tested in a recent bow mag to be right with GT's-accuracy wise.

The most important bloodtrail leads right to the foot of the cross

Quick Reply: attempting to decide carbon or alluminum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.