Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ahhhhhhhhh..... SNOW >

Ahhhhhhhhh..... SNOW

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ahhhhhhhhh..... SNOW

Old 12-05-2003, 05:00 PM

Default RE: Ahhhhhhhhh..... SNOW

We're about to get a Nor'easter here in Maine...ohhhh ya!
Old 12-05-2003, 06:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Buckfever... I saw one weather report that said they're expecting 1 to 2 feet in Boston... which means you'll get whacked too. I was suppose to leave for NY in the AM to hunt till the end of their Southern Tier. I called my brother after asking on the internet how much snow there was. The internet guy said only a couple inches. My nephew called and said, bring snowshoes. Then my buddy called and said bring your heart medicine. Then my wife suggested I was a nut to drive through PA mountains in the AM with all the sleet and crap falling at my house right now. I'm staying home. I think I have enough snow here to play with.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

can't wait here! calling for snow, the deer are finally coming into the food plot, and muzzleloading/second archery season starts tomorrow. what more can one ask for, heaven is about to come down to earth for a visit tomorrow!!!!! hell would be the deer season with no snow that we just finished, give me the snow anyday of the week over dirt.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

We're getting hit pretty good at the moment with snow. Few inches expected.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:20 PM

it is flurring in tennessee wright now.hunting in snow is the best.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 12-06-2003, 03:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

The deer seem to leave my area when it snows. I watched a lot of them Wednesday evening and Thursday morning. Came home from work Friday morning to 6 inches of snow and no tracks that I could see. It's seems to get worse in another area I hunt following a snow too.

It's snowing again right now and the forecast varies from 4 to 14" of additional accumulation.
Old 12-06-2003, 04:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Dave H... the first snow of the year will put deer around here on their bellies until it stops. I could find no tracks where these deer had come into this woods or milled around. They've been bedded since it began. They probably moved yesterday afternoon and last night. It's snowing again, I'll bet they're down and out this AM.
Old 12-06-2003, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with davidmil. I went out yesterday morning and found no sign of deer movement. Jumped two from their beds but that was it. I will be out this evening, when I hope their appetites will have them up and moving.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

In the midst of a noreaster right now. Unfortunately the only thing that will keep me out of the woods is having tickets to the Syracuse vs. Notre Dame football game at the dome today. Tommorow should be good though. Love da snow.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:17 AM

Went out this morning in southern Maryland. No deer sign at all, no tracks no nothing. Didn't even see any deer moving while up in the treestand. Will be out later this afternoon to see if they are getting hungry and moving, let's hope.

Dave

Quick Reply: Ahhhhhhhhh..... SNOW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.