HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Timberline No-Peep (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/45027-timberline-no-peep.html)

titleist_03 12-02-2003 06:58 PM

Timberline No-Peep

I'm think about ordering one this offseason to help with accuracy. Anyone use one and if so does it do what its supposed to? Or is it just another gimmick. How easy is it to set up?

hardluck71 12-03-2003 01:34 AM

RE: Timberline No-Peep

Got one on my bow and it is great. It replaces your peep sight as well as increases your accuracy. This thing help me elimate a lot of bad habits that I didn't know that I had. It will let you know if you are torqueing your bow where as a peep sight will not. It also forces you to move your entire body instead of just your bow arm when you are moving to a target. You have to go back to the same exact anchor point every time. It creates good mechanics and it won't let you forget them.

It is really easy to set and is best done with two people but can be done with one. I did mine by myself.

I paid $30.00 for mine I would buy 10 more if I had to.

Not a gadget but a great tool.

willtill 12-03-2003 03:57 AM

I ordered a Timberline "No Peep", installed it and then de-installed it. it was stupid for me to be playing with the sights during my first year of bow season for deer. I will be re-installing it in the early spring, then will become proficient with it. I want to get rid of the tubeless peer as well.

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland

Donald Fry 12-03-2003 05:48 AM

Have one on my bow, it works as advertised, makes you go to the same anchor point every time. Have tighter groupings out to 30 yards. great product.

jsasker 12-03-2003 06:12 AM

It works!It does everything to keep a consistent anchor and also shows any hand torque--I will always have one on my bow.

titleist_03 12-03-2003 12:49 PM

Is it best to install while you still have original peep and kisser buttons still on your string? Or should I wait to install it this spring when I get my bow re-strung?

jsasker 12-03-2003 02:00 PM

Set it up with the peep still on the string--that will get you close to where you want it.

Legacy Hunter 12-03-2003 02:38 PM

Super product! Picks up on a slight twist in the wrist and ensures the same anchor point every time. Makes me much more accurate.

Josh_E 12-03-2003 04:07 PM

I love mine!! It has helped me improve..now I hardly know its there.. I look at it every once in a while to make sure my anchor point is still on the money.

I installed it first with my peep still on but once you get it where you want it..TAKE THE PEEP OFF.. because I was trying to wean myself off the peep and onto the no peep..doesnt work..I had to jump in and do it all at once b/c I was relying on the peep and not the nopeep...no I couldnt imagine not having one..besides makes your bow a little faster too :D

titleist_03 12-03-2003 04:31 PM

Thanks for all the help and info on it. All I need now it to find $35 and I'll have one on the way!