Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Attacked by buck....what do you do? >

Attacked by buck....what do you do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Attacked by buck....what do you do?

Old 12-02-2003, 06:41 PM

Default RE: Attacked by buck....what do you do?

Rack is killin us all... To tell the truth i would most likely try to get away from it or spook it off. But i couldnt pick a better way to go down then by ole mossy horns. I dont want to die in a nursing home while crapping all over myself, i want to die in the fight of my life with a trophy class buck!
Old 12-03-2003, 04:00 AM

All this talk of a crazed rut minded buck has propelled me to go out last night and buy a fixed bladed knife.

I'd hate to go out and "be in a fight for my life" against a buck, and then lose the fight..... [:-]

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland
Old 12-03-2003, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Grab my knife and finish him off.

Then what catagory would he fall under if you took him with a knife and he ended up being like a 150 class deer?? Makes me wonder.

Brian
Old 12-03-2003, 04:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Rack-attack
This happened to me a few years ago. I just turned around and pretended to be a doe. [:-]
The walk back was tough - But that buck was and still is my most memorable mount []
Walked out singing "Half the man I use to be....."

Did you bleat first.
That'll teach you not to pee in his scrape.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:59 AM

I would run at the deer when he got close I would jump and run up his back, jump off his rump. As he stood there bewildered, I grab his back legs, flip him on his back and tie him up with my pull-up rope. I would then tickle him until he was in a better mood and then let him go.[:-]

BTW, I watched a Jackie Chan movie at the Holiday Inn last night to.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:53 AM

Had it happen to a friend of mine,several years back.We were putting on a Drive,on State Game Land's,when this Nice 8 Pointer came by my friend at a fast walk.He pull's up and fire's,Missing the Buck.Not wanting the Buck to reach the Hill,and go out of sight,He get's up and start's running up the Ravine,to regain a better sight picture.Once he reached the Top of the Draw,he look's behind him,at the sound of leaves russling.He over ran the Buck,and the Buck layed his Ear's back,Rolled his eye's back into his head,with only the White's showing,and Stiff walked at my companion.He tried to turn and Run,And was Bowled over by the Buck.It tried to pin him to the Ground,and Ventalate him a little,but his Strength saved him,from a Bad Scene.He's one Awesomely Strong Boy!We heard him yelling for all he was worth.When two of the Closest drivers found the Scene,they told of the Deer and Jeff swapping end's,in a manner that would put the Wrestlers on WWE to shame. This Buck was shot off of him,by a Driver,after the Buck was howing sign's of exaustion.
After the ordeal was over,he was aas White as a Ghost,and never hunted the rest of that week.All he kept repeating is,Boy,are they ever STRONG,Ill Bet! Not high on my list of thing's to do.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

I guess it takes you by a little bit of a surprise. You spend all your time and year after year hoping and trying to get a deer close enough to you. All the times you say I wish that big buck would walk right to me. Then all of the sudden he walks "right to you" (at you). Next time I make like the Steve the crocodile hunter.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

The walk back was tough - But that buck was and still is my most memorable mount
Well Rack that statement right there explains a lot, it explains how you get some of those bucks you get, it also explains why you call yourself a "bed" hunter and last but not least it explains that satisfied grin on your face as you are with "your" buck![]

I have had deer challenge me per say, the whole foot stomping and coming my way also, but never had one charge me. Every encounter I have had of this sort so far has resulted in the deer simply moving on figuring that I am not a threat, some of these deer have wound up dead deer and others have simply went on thier way.

If I had one charge me I think (notice I said I think, because no one can say what they would really do until it happens) I would shoot him if I had the time, if not I would use my bow as a club and side sep him and hope for the best, if he got me down I would hope I could use my knife on him, but at that point a person kicks into survival mode and there is no real telling what one will do.

The one thing I can say for sure if it did happen is what I would do after it was over if I survived, I would change my drawers![:-]
Old 12-03-2003, 07:56 AM

Walked out singing "Half the man I use to be....."
and last but not least it explains that satisfied grin on your face as you are with "your" buck!
LOL......

Sometimes you gotta give a little to get a little[]
Old 12-03-2003, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rack Attack-----LMAO!!!!!

Quick Reply: Attacked by buck....what do you do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.