Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What' s the funniest hunting story you have ever told? >

What' s the funniest hunting story you have ever told?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What' s the funniest hunting story you have ever told?

Old 11-28-2003, 08:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What' s the funniest hunting story you have ever told?

Well when my uncle first started to teach me how to look for deer sign, besides tracks and the like he was showing me deer dropping also, well being young and dumb I asked him how do you tell how old the droppings are? Well he leaned down and picked up a few pellets and held them out in front of me and said well first you squeeze them a bit and then you taste it to see how old they are, the older they are the less taste they have, then he popped one in his mouth, munched on it slowly, looked at me and said these are about 4-5 hours old, then he said here taste this one to where you will know what it taste like! I freaked, I refused to try it!! He laughed so hard I thought he would bust a gut, then he showed me they were actually chocolate covered raisins he already had in his pocket! What he would do was get a few in his hand and then lean down to a pile of deer crap and knock some of the pellets with his knuckle making me think he had picked some up when in reality he had the chocolate raisins in his hand already!!! I will not confess to ever having done the same thing to any one though![]
Old 11-28-2003, 11:54 AM

Default RE: What' s the funniest hunting story you have ever told?

At the end of the summer i went to my grandpas farm to scout out a nice nine point i had been watching, well I reach the top of the hill and look up to see my buck standin thirty yards from me and i immediately drop down, he looks up at me and i made a bleat with ym mouth at him, he starts walkin towards me, so im settin there glassin him and thinkin wow this is really cool so close to a mature whitetail buck, well he closes the distance to about ten yards and turns sideways to me and starts coming in and i have seen enough deer fights to know what he was doin, i stand up and say GET OUTTA HERE and he lays his ears back and bristles up even more, now hes 6 feet from me standing still, i start backin up slowly towards the fence, i think if i can cross the fence to the woods and get outta this field i should be ok and thats when i feel my knife in my pocket, so i pull it out and have it in one hand ready to fight if i have to and thats when he charged, he came abotu 5 feet and stopped and i kept backin up and was about 20 feet from the fence, he charged again and i turned and hightailed it to the fence, at abotu 4 feet i jumped and ALMOST cleared the barbwire fence, my left leg caught hold and threw me face first in the dirt, so im tryin to get my pants undone form teh fence and hes still coming towards me slowly but surely still ready to fight me i get uncaught adn busted it down the holler out the backside of the pasture to my car and went home, i came in teh house and had blood all over me, my pants ripped half off and im shakin like i dont know what and dad says what in the hell happened to you did you wreck? i said no a deer just chased me outta papas field, and he bout died laughin,
i killed that buck the second day of bow season, laid a trail of territorial intrustion scnet down and he came right in to it and i busted him at 22 yards, 21inch 9 point