Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 cable guard needed >

cable guard needed

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

cable guard needed

Old 11-26-2003, 05:52 PM

Default cable guard needed

Hi all bowhunters. I am trying to find used bow parts and accessories. I am disabled but I am able to plink around with my bow, however I discovered today that my cable guard does not have enough of a bend in it for the fletching to clear the cables. Is there a place that I can possibly buy parts at a rate that a disabled person can afford. I love bowhunting and just shooting in general but I can not afford to buy all new parts all the time. I am also trying to gather as much information and outlets for starting up my own archery business. If any of you know of such a place to buy parts/accessories or if you have information relating to starting and operating an arhcery shop please feel free to contact me at:
[email protected] or [email protected] I thank you for any and all help you might be able to offer.
jtom
Old 11-26-2003, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: cable guard needed

if your cable guard has a bend in it already, loosen the collar and rotate it until the fletching clears, if that does not give you enough, well those must be huge fletchings. you get the cable guard too far out of what the maker puts on it stock(guard) and you may draw it back just to have that cable guard make the string guide right off the cam.
Old 11-29-2003, 08:01 PM

Actually believe it or not but the guard will not clear the cables from snagging the fletching no matter where or how I rotate it. I have standard fletchings for aluminium shafts. Thanks for your help however, my hunt continues.....
Old 11-29-2003, 09:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Without seeing it or knowing what bow you have it' s hard to say. Some bows simply DON' T have a lot of clearance. Go show it to someone at an archery shop.

I can not afford to buy all new parts all the time. I am also trying to gather as much information and outlets for starting up my own archery business. If any of you know of such a place to buy parts/accessories
A couple of things to ponder.... IF you can' t figure out how to get clearance and you don' t have enough money to buy a cable guard.... you probably don' t have enough expertise to please the masses or enough money to get a key for the door and float the bad times of opening a business.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:46 AM

Thanks I needed that boost of confidence
Old 12-06-2003, 02:43 PM
nub

Have you tried a different slide?