Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hamstrung!! season may be over. >

Hamstrung!! season may be over.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hamstrung!! season may be over.

Old 11-26-2003, 06:18 PM

Default RE: Hamstrung!! season may be over.

I strained my hamstring last baseball season and believe me, if you don' t take care of it correctly it will stay with you for a while. I played through it for about a month because we were fighting for a section championship, and then played summer basketball with it still hurting all the way up until the beginning of the school year. I took all the doctors advice, except I did not rest. Rest up....take Ibuprophin, and stretch as many times as you can during the day. It will only get better if you take the time off to let it heal. Good luck with the injury.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

Man I know how you feel just recently getting over shoulder injury.Take it easy for a while maybe have your buddy drop you off on the 4 wheeler.You helped him he will do the same for you.
Old 11-27-2003, 10:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the advice guys. I grabbed my crutch and headed out this morning. Hamstring is still killing me. Stiff as a board and I do have a bruise on the back of my leg. I' m going to see how it heels over the weekend and maybe go to the Doc monday if it doesn' t improve at all. Although I don' t think there' s anything to do with it except what you guys have said. Probably should make sure it' s not something else though. I' ll probably try and hunt the weekend seeing as how it may be the last best chance of getting a deer with the peoples in the woods pushing them around.