Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

switching?

Old 11-25-2003, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: switching?

I use the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone also and I have seriously had better and more consistent arrow flight then I' ve ever experienced. I have always routinely practiced at longer ranges but generally in the thick brushy IL draws that I hunt it wasn' t really that possible to shoot farther. This season I found myself hunting in cover that' s not as thick and with the added confidence of an entire year shooting this rest I was able to make 4 perfectly placed shots at 31, 32, 35, and 42. I can honestly say that the CyberTec and TR accessories shoot better for me then anything I have ever experienced. I have set up all my rigs with TR Drop Zones and look forward to using them on many hunts in the future. From the April Turkey blind to a long list of 3Ds this summer and early fall and now into the whitetail woods this rest is one sweet product certainly worthy of serious consideration.[8D]
Old 11-25-2003, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

I went to the Muzzy. It' s fast to load and you never have to worry about where the arrow is. Just draw and it' ll be there. I' ve had mine going on 3 years and it' s never missed a lick. Just about everyone I know hunts with them and several shoot 3D with them. No complaints and only praise. They all have claims of increased speed etc etc. Well, if you' re used to shooting a tuned bow you shouldn' t rally see any noticeable(or measured) speed changes or any of that. Now if you had a mistuned bow you might. It takes a lot of hand torgue out of the equation when you' re in a tree with less than ideal form. If mine broke I' d buy another tomorrow. If it broke again... I' d buy another.

OPS... I forgot who I was signed in as. This is Davidmil. That' s what I get for fooling around.[:' (]
Old 11-26-2003, 05:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

The chief benefit of the drop-away design is to reduce fletching contact with the rest...especially if the bow is not tuned properly or if you use an agressive helical fletch on your arrows. If neither is the case then many of the current drop-away design won' t give you any signficant advantage. However, some drop-aways, like the Muzzy ZE, also have a large " rest/launcher arm" area that also helps to keep your arrow where it needs to be prior to and during the shot.