Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What famous hunter would you like to hunt with ? >

What famous hunter would you like to hunt with ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What famous hunter would you like to hunt with ?

Old 11-24-2003, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What famous hunter would you like to hunt with ?

My first choice would have to be Good ol' Ted. Follwed closely by Will Primos.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:52 PM
nub

Very pretty woman!
Old 11-24-2003, 01:55 PM
New Sheriff

Mitch Rompola
Old 11-24-2003, 02:23 PM

I' d bet it would have been pretty cool to hunt with the 1 and only " True Ted" ...

Teddy Roosevelt. Talk about a true Outdoorsman.... w/out him hunting today wouldn' t be nearly what it is.

During his tenure in the White House from 1901 to 1909, he designated 150 National Forests, the first 51 Federal Bird Reservations, 5 National Parks, the first 18 National Monuments, the first 4 National Game Preserves, and the first 21 Reclamation Projects. Altogether, in the seven-and-one-half years he was in office, he provided federal protection for almost 230 million acres, a land area equivalent to that of all the East coast states from Maine to Florida.

Besides being a President, he had also been Governor of NY, Assistant Secty of the Navy, a Deputy Sheriff in the Dakota Territories, Police Commissioner of NY, Colonel of the Rough Riders and ran a successful ranch the size of some states to name just a few jobs.

In his spare time he was President of the American Historical Association, founded the NCAA (yes the same 1 that runs college football and March madness) and a little club called the Boone and Crocket Club to name a few.

And after 7 1/2 years as President of the US what did he do to relax? Did he hit the public speaking circuit, nope. He went to Africa to hunt for a year. That' s pretty cool in my book.

Old 11-24-2003, 02:35 PM

#1 Fred Bear
#2 Uncle Ted
#3 Chuck Adams

Old 11-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

SCHMALTS,
I went to a seminar several years ago here in mass. put on my the Mass. bowhunters assoc.
The person doing the seminar, was the one and only Myles Keller.
I really enjoyed that seminar, learned alot of techniques, from him in the few hours he was there.
But what really impressed me about Myles, was he was so humble, and didn' t brag about how many P&Y deer he shot.
A real classy person, and down to earth,who really lives to bowhunt big whitetails, and has alot of respect for the animal.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:34 PM

I met him once too, really humble to say the least. I read he has over 35 P&Y critters in the books. Instead of wanting fame he wants to hunt. He does not do videos, and just does a few product rep work but thats it. The guy really is a ledgend, and the fact that he does not use a guide like Chuck adams says a whole lot about this guy too. Chuck has guys calling him when they know they have a record class animal spotted in the area. I work with a guy who shot the world record Bou with a bow. The guide said that he couldnt go after it at first because chuck was coming in a couple days, but the guy told him where to go and killed it. It isnt in the books because he refused to strip the velvet. I guess Chuck was a little pissed.
As far as the Drury Brothers, man they kill some nice deer but its all in the property you hunt i guess. I saw an elk video with them, Abe, and gregory, man what a joke that was. some of the **** they did was just stupid! I saw them put a decoy out on a logging road and then sit about 20 feet from it! whats up with that?
I guess i am not impressed just because someone pays big money for outfitted hunts or leases, and hauls a video crew along with them.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:33 PM

t.r. michaels--just realized how awesome this guy is!!!
Old 11-26-2003, 08:30 PM

Alex Rutledge,Eddie Salter or Matt Morrett.Love those HS pro staffers.Also Primos and Knight And Hale/Walter Parrot.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:56 PM

I would' ve liked to went handgun hunting with Bob Milek and Elmer Keith once. They' re handgun skill always kept me fascinated.

Quick Reply: What famous hunter would you like to hunt with ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.