Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What should I do about this guy? >

What should I do about this guy?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What should I do about this guy?

Old 11-19-2003, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What should I do about this guy?

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Ok, I dont think I mentioned that he did get caught last year doing the same thing and not reporting what he shot. He had something like 12 deer not tagged hanging in a barn. He had to pay a price for each deer untagged. Someone turned him in last year. He told a few people, that he' s going to show everyone this year, and shoot everything that moves on those two fields.
Any chance you could sneak by his barn? Maybe he has some evidence hanging again. Though you' d be trespassing.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:33 PM

If the state wardens are not doing anything about it call the Federal warden. These guys can get ugly!
Old 11-19-2003, 08:19 PM

sounds like time for a " Blanket Party" to me.

How could this guy shoot that many off his leased 5 acres when they have your 400 acres to hide in? What kind of farmer leases that small of a plot to plant? Somthing is missing in this story!
Old 11-19-2003, 08:30 PM

How could this guy shoot that many off his leased 5 acres when they have your 400 acres to hide in? What kind of farmer leases that small of a plot to plant? Somthing is missing in this story!
thats what im saying. and why would they be in these feilds if your uncle spends so much time on the high quality food plots on your land.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I say get you a gallon of totall vegetation killer, put in a hand held sprayer and go leave him a message or two in his pasture. This would be a good start.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:05 PM

i would go to the mayor, gov. ect some type of higher official if that didnt work i would go to the local news station
Old 11-21-2003, 05:27 AM

I was doing ok with this thread and was getting a bit disturbed by the farmer killing off so many deer, ok, that is right up to the part about the farm land being in very very small plots of land. I don' t know about Pa. law and farmer' s rights but here in Ga. if deer are destroying private property the owner can take action against the deer without impunity. Numbers don' t matter in this case either. But the question is lingering now in my mind about the 400 acres with food plots throughout vs. the small plots of farm land. We have a similar situation here with a neighbor except he had leased his land to a couple of ' good ol boys' to rid him of the deer. The leasees never showed up and the deer have destroyed the property owner' s crops repeatedly. He finally approached us with the delima. We agreed to take a look at what we can do. Now the problem, the farmer' s neighbors have done everything possible to keep us from hunting this poor guy' s land.They have even gone so far as to make pets out of as many as they can and we have had the deer walk up to us literally as we got out of our vehicles looking for a handout. We have talked with the neighbors and it has taken several years now to get them to accept what we are trying to do, but slowly as it has gone we are making progress and perhaps by the end of this season we can begin to help the farmer out. Patience is a virtue and diplomacy is usually a good tool to use. Bottom line is research what Pa. law says about this situation, talk with the people at the top of the food chain in the wildlife enforcement division. But try to talk with the farmer in civil terms and then try again and keep trying being sincere with him not bashing him or putting him on the defensive. Listen to his problem with the deer and gently guide him in the direction of letting you and your family help keep the deer off his property. Then if this fails, remember you have 400 acres to hunt and I know of many many hunters who would love to be able to hunt that large a piece of property. Approach the actual land owner as was suggested and see if you can buy out the lease.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:13 AM
voz
Fork Horn

My first thought is....shoot him......sounds like a real dick. Probably not the best advice though.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:49 AM

Retaliation against property or person; criminal damage to property and aggravated battery ...or worse, premeditated and committed, all over deer hunting. Great publicity for all hunters. Absurd to commit such acts, stupid to suggest (post) it where the world can read and believe that the writer is serious.

I do not believe that the law enforcement agency that is obligated to enforce the laws and to investigate such complaints is simply choosing to ignore the complaint. Either the matter has not been reported as claimed, or has not been properly reported to the proper agency, or the farmer is legal and the story is exaggerated.

If the situation described is as major as reported, and a law enforcement officer or agency was to ignore such violations; somewhere down the line -within time, heads would roll, disciplinary actions would occur, and careers could be ended.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:08 AM

If you need help with " crop circles" let me know. If people are reading this I' m not serious and have no intensions of playing an alien! But if aliens made crop circles that would be ok.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.