Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 In Hurry... Lens'  Triple and my NY hunt >

In Hurry... Lens' Triple and my NY hunt

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

In Hurry... Lens' Triple and my NY hunt

Old 11-19-2003, 08:23 AM

Default RE: In Hurry... Lens' Triple and my NY hunt

Regardless of how much spin one puts on this type of bowhunting, or criticizes the messenger rather than the message, the fact remains that it is a " stick as many as you can, and then recover what you can easily find" method.

If just one bowhunter agrees that such hunting practices are unprincipled, that will be one less bowhunter that degrades the sport and the bowhunting reputation.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:45 AM
Dominant Buck

So,...... how about those RAVENS?[:' (] And those REDSKINS.[:' (]
Old 11-19-2003, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

or criticizes the messenger rather than the message
In my opinion, if the messenger wouldn' t keep continually pouring acid all over the intended recipients, perhaps the message instead of the messenger would become the focus and be better received...
Old 11-19-2003, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Len.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:15 PM

Central Maryland has a high deer population, not a good or a healthy one. It' s a veritable shooting gallery if you know where to go. I' ve stopped hunting in the public areas around here, (close to where you' re from, david) because it' s a zoo between all the people. I' ve seen more deer wounded here than I can say. First, was he on public or private land?

Lemme say CLEARLY that I' m not criticizing David or Len, because it sounds like everything was done LEGALLY and I' ve heard nothing but compliments about Macrotech. The limits in Maryland are very generous, and the herd does need controlled. I' m just trying to point out that hunting here is NOT the same as hunting many other places.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:43 PM

David and Len on c3po' s posts there is a small green button. Use it.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Davidmil and Len--congrats on the fine successes you both have both achieved again this year. I APPLAUD your efforts, just like nearly everyone else here has.

Please continue to post the success stories. I especially enjoy reading them. Don' t let someone who argues with everyone on this board keep you from continuing to entertain us.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:25 PM
Dominant Buck

I never knew of the GREEN BUTTON. Learn something every day. If you use the green button can you " Unslime" someone if you choose to later on?
Old 11-19-2003, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

David, I believe so. I think if it' s similar to other forums I' ve visited, once a person is on your ignore list, their spot in the thread still shows up, it' s just empty and nameless. You should be able to un-ignore them at any time of your choosing.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:57 PM

Way to go David and Len. You two are really doing the state a favor.

For those in other states you should know that MD has lots of deer in certain areas. The 6 counties in the middle of the state which are the most residential counties, have no limit on does and no daily limit and this is for bows muzzleloaders and shotguns. Bow season is 4 1/2 months long.

Montgomery county has had 2000 (two thousand) deer killed by vehicles each year for the last 3 years.

In areas with too many deer the state brings in shooters and shoot hundreds of deer at night with spotlights and rifles.

And our deer are way smarter than any of them fat stupid midwestern deer where you can only take 1 or 2 deer each year.

Quick Reply: In Hurry... Lens' Triple and my NY hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.