Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 In Hurry... Lens'  Triple and my NY hunt >

In Hurry... Lens' Triple and my NY hunt

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

In Hurry... Lens' Triple and my NY hunt

Old 11-18-2003, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: In Hurry... Lens' Triple and my NY hunt

C3PO, still making friends, and influencing people, huh?

It is not always easy to form an accurate opinion of someone via the internet. However, in your case, my opinion was formed, and I believe accurate, long ago!

Pompous windbag...is the best I can do for now. Maybe self important blowhard!

I hope that is not stepping over the line for this forum.

Some day, when I grow up, I hope to be half as smart and knowledgable as you!

I will address one of your silly statements on this thread though, just one.

Is Len so good that he can say that every deer he hit was going to fall dead nearby?

Do you mean to tell me that with all of your vast knowledge, you DON`T know when you hit a deer whether it is going down in a hurry or not?

How long have you been playing this game?

You know, I drive through your part of the stat at least 3 times a year on my way to pike county. Not long after you came to this board, I actually contemplated stopping at your shop(from some of your statements I assume you have a bow shop)not to cause trouble, I just honestly wanted to see what an egotistical windbag looked like! No joking.

Must be lonely, being the only intelligent person you know, huh?
Old 11-18-2003, 10:34 PM

Big Country:

Stay with the subject. I am neither impressed nor intimidated.

Additionally, I wonder if the NY game code regarding when you must legally claim a deer kill applies throughout the state regardless of special areas or special hunts?

NY GAME CODE REGARDING WHEN YOU MUST FILL OUT THE " CARCASS TAG."

New York laws require successful deer, bear, and turkey hunters to fill out the carcass tag immediately upon bagging AN animal.

Such game codes are common in most states. Most states require that each kill is tagged or the tag information is filled out before shooting another game animal. The intention is to prohibit " culling" and to make culling unlawful.

Old 11-18-2003, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

PUTTNUT, my intent was never to intimidate. As far as sticking with the subject....I don`t recall signing up to follow your orders. Besides, you are the subject.

As far as the game commision laws go, I am not sure that davidmil was talking about lens hunt taking place in NY. They do hunt more than one state.

As to your not being impressed....of course not. I am confident that only YOU can impress YOU!

It is a shame that you cannot step outside of the box temporarily. Maybe then you could see what an absolutely arrogant snob you come off as.[:' (]
Old 11-18-2003, 11:42 PM

I am not sure that davidmil was talking about lens hunt taking place in NY.
You might be right.......... about that one statement.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:44 AM

First off I would like to just say WOW. What I would do to have an oppertunitie like that. We basically only get one deer one elk unless I go for a specail tag. And two I wouldnt want to be the one that has to clean and skin all of those deer and butcher or pay to have butchered. But I would.

And I am new here and dont want to start any fights here but to c903 I see what your saying but this is how I feel. It really dosent matter if you shoot one or ten at a time if your going to lose one from a bad shot or whatever then your going to lose him (not so light hearted but I am just saying). I dont think that he is going to waste any extra meat by shooting multiple deer. He only has to watch and make the mental notes to were they went. So in that yes certain people may have a problem with that but if your not one of them Hunt on.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:21 AM
Dominant Buck

I tire.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Let' s get back to the original topic of this thread or the thread will be lost. Any more bickering back and forth will be deleted just as soon as I see it and an official warning will be sent to the offender which could be the first step in a banishment from this site. This will not only apply to this post but to any post. Don' t beleive me, try me.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well said MD Congrats Len and way to go David for the help I dont get the chance to hunt there but we have the same problem here in WV the deer are everywhere Insurence co' s are raising cain due to all the claims from deer damage when hit by cars. Several of the land owners that allow me to hunt want me to kill all I can they will even check them out is I want. I never thought I would live to see the day people would say there are too many deer but I hear it all the time now. Again way to go Len. Last year I was lucky enough to take 6 with my bow so far this year 3 and I love it
Old 11-19-2003, 06:21 AM
Dominant Buck

You' re right... I really think the answer is from now on not to post our stories. We can work around numbers and details with code. You know, something like... I number oned a number 10 buck this AM. He was four letter wording a doe. When he finished I slipped a baby spear into his breathing space. He took the long nap about 100 yards from my stand. I then after 2 hours of deliberation and personnal reflection decided to insist he go home for dinner with me. After insuring he would go I went back up in my tree, settled in and tried to find a date for him. So I did. And then I thought, you know, there might be something to that threesome stuff. Kinky.... but entertaining. SO after getting the doe and his date together I went back to my tree and tried to find a surprise guest for both of them. Nice thought but it didn' t work out. I' m a failure. You know, I just think I' ll no longer post stories, pictures or details of hunts. You' re not going to get out of potty pictures though. In fact, there may be more of them. I have to try this new digital camera on something.[:-]
Old 11-19-2003, 07:17 AM

David:

You' re a blast. And, for all to know, he' s a great friend. I had already located every deer by the time he got there; but, at least he came to help. Help to drag them out, help to gut them, help to load them, and then he took some great pictures. He even made multiple nice copies of the pictures and brought them by the shop for me. What a friend!

As far as the negative posts, I wouldn' t expect any less of one individual. I really feel sorry for that person. It must be troublesome going through life with such an attitude and such a self-centered idealist approach to life. The desire to be negative and to constantly argue with most on this forum can only be pitied.

I noticed this characteristic some time ago and elected not to communicate with this individual in any way. It may have been Confucius who said something like, " Don' t stand on a corner and argue with a fool, passersby may not know who is who."

Thank you for all the congrats. It was a great day and one that I' ll never forget. It could only have happened due to the tremendous herds that we have here in this State. We can only thank the antis for this situation that we find. Their negative attitude toward our sport has had a positive effect on the growth of the deer population. I actually thank all of them that I can.

May all of you some day enjoy yourselves as much as Davidmil and myself. Good hunting.

Quick Reply: In Hurry... Lens' Triple and my NY hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.