HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   ** Update/ MONSTER Nebraska Buck w/ PIC ** (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/43126-update-monster-nebraska-buck-w-pic.html)

Matt / PA 11-13-2003 07:25 PM

** Update/ MONSTER Nebraska Buck w/ PIC **

Hey guys,
A few weeks ago I posted the story of a HUGE Nebraska buck that Jeff Moody a buddy of Jerry Sanford' s @ Stealth Archery killed (Jerry goes by " Stealthman" here). This is such a special deer that I wanted to give you all an update of this buck with a new picture........turns out that this buck gross scores 235 3/8" and nets 225 3/8" making it the #2 all time Non-Typical for the state of Nebraska! (Too bad Ol' Jeff didn' t get in the Moderator' s Cup!:D)
Jeff had been hunting this particular deer for 2 seasons before tagging him.
Man what a deer! I thought you guys might like a better look at him.

I had the pleasure of hunting with Jerry last week myself near the same area that this buck was taken........man are there some " big A" deer out there![:o] I couldn' t quite put it together, and the weather was a treat at times, but I had some close encounters with 2 bucks of my dreams!
(Wish I could have held the rack from Jeff' s deer but it was at the taxidermist!:()
Jerry and I have become good friends over the last few years through my testing of his products, and now we are simply hunting buddies........so I guess I am now no longer " Impartial" when it comes to his " Stealth" stabilizers, but just remember when you hear me praising them that the stabilizers and a butt-load of testing came before the friendship!:)
(If I don' t get invited back I wonder if SIMS has an opening on their " Pro-Staff" ?;)[&:])

" If you don' t want to shoot a Typical Buck.........don' t shoot a Typical Stabilizer!"
Sounds like a good slogan huh Jer?:D

Matt / PA 11-13-2003 07:36 PM

RE: ** Update/ MONSTER Nebraska Buck w/ PIC **

Here' s the original picture again........really shows the beam length and mass.

I have about 10 other pictures here I could scan in as well. You should see what this thing looks like from all angles.

A.K.A eastwood 11-13-2003 07:36 PM

i guess thats a decent sized animal. ive killed bigger. but if he' s happy, we' re happy!

HANKFAN 11-13-2003 07:38 PM

Now that' s a shooter!!!!

rcd567 11-13-2003 07:49 PM

Great Deer! Nice Buck! I' m jealous. And I haven' t shot bigger, or even that big.:( Maybe someday.[8D]

bobcat 10 11-13-2003 07:53 PM

nice buck.that is truly a monster .

go deep hunt hard.;)

davidmil 11-13-2003 08:12 PM

The first picture is really bad. When people get down behind a deer like that and extend their arms all the way it distorts everything. You can' t tell what the size is because the perspective is all thrown out of whack. Now the original picture as you call it shows him like he truly is. A glob of points and mass and everything nice. Great deer.

davidmil 11-13-2003 08:17 PM

So PA... if you' ll become a tester for my All Weather Porta-Crappola maybe we could hunt together.[:o]:D:eek:

stealthman 11-13-2003 08:17 PM

Matt,
You are invited back.......but next time you have to take home one of those " DREAM" bucks,OK?
You already dont have the " TYPICAL" stabilizer on your bow since your shooting a STEALTH, so now we just have to get a " NON-TYPICAL" buck to walk by........or did that already happen?????;)
Theres a little " Stealth magic" in every stabilizer I build, [:-]but we will just use an extra dose of " STEALTH MAGIC" next year..........you never know.....the CrabOrchard Creature just might walk by!!!!!!!
P.S.
Do you think we could hunt any harder if Ida did`nt feed us so much?:D

Jerry

JeramyK 11-13-2003 08:24 PM

That' s a beautiful buck. All I can say is wow! :)