Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Need help scoring these (2) bucks..... >

Need help scoring these (2) bucks.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need help scoring these (2) bucks.....

Old 11-04-2021, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need help scoring these (2) bucks.....

Not the best at scoring deer and would like your help in determining what these two deer (A-B) would roughly score. Both deer were recently harvested and on their way to the taxidermist and in the mean time just wanted to think what you all thought. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails Need help scoring these (2) bucks.....-buck-off.jpg  
Old 11-04-2021, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

A 140 -ish, B 130 -ish
but scoring antlers isn;'t that hard if you do a simple search online you will find dozens of HOW TO< score them, that you can do with a simple tape measure and a piece of string!
they even have printable score charts you can print out and just write down measurements on and add uup at the end to get the real score
as guessing off pictures is never all that accurate!
Old 11-04-2021, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's hard to say with the pictures which can be deceptive. Borrow your wife's cloth measuring tape from her sowing kit and you should be able to get a pretty accurate score. If you don't have a cloth tape, use string like mrbb suggested or masking tape, etc.
Old 11-04-2021, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Yep, those two should be easy to put the tape to. Upper 130s and 120s would be my guess

Two very nice bucks. How about a story on them?!

-Jake
Old 11-06-2021, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

neither can be entered into Pope and young since neither were taken with bowhunting gear. and both fall far shy of the Boone and Crocket mark of 160.

Being 8 points I say b is in the 120's and A in the 130's
Old 11-13-2021, 07:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Those are nice deer and would be proud to have taken any of them. I'm not a "trophy" hunter and will shoot any legal deer. IMO any animal you take should be a trophy in your eyes regardless of antler size or anterless. I hunt purely for the enjoyment of being out there and if I harvest an animal I will utilize all of it I can and thank God for the opportunity to be able to feed my family with delicious meat.
Old 11-13-2021, 02:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Those are nice deer and would be proud to have taken any of them. I'm not a "trophy" hunter and will shoot any legal deer. IMO any animal you take should be a trophy in your eyes regardless of antler size or anterless. I hunt purely for the enjoyment of being out there and if I harvest an animal I will utilize all of it I can and thank God for the opportunity to be able to feed my family with delicious meat.

Here is my crossbow trophy for this season.
Old 11-13-2021, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Nice one!!
Old 11-13-2021, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

NO bash here just asking, WHY does everything we kill HAVE to be a trophy??
why cannot it just be a kill for food or sport or??
using the word TROPHY to em sort of adds a negative to hunting, I DON"T hunt for a trophy, I shoot what is legal when legal and what makes MEW happy , be it a deer with BIG antlers or not, I don't consider my kills trophy's, I call them successful hunts with a harvest!
I won't shoot anything I DON"T want, period, nor will I shoot the first LEGAL thing I see(no bash here either)
my reasons for HUNTING for enjoyment,NOT for food, as I can BUY food as needed.( I do eat what I kill, though and always will, or WON"T kill it) or for trophies!

I hunt because I enjoy the sport, I feel it helps wildlife, and it keeps me mentally happy, as it has brought me decades of enjoyment and memories I will have forever!
I cannot tell you how many LEGAL game animals I passed on, just to be able to enjoy the chance to have more time afield

I just find it sad some times when so many folks seem to need to add TROPHIES to things as if that makes it more important or valid or??
its like kids today that EVERYONE gets a trophy for playing, NOT winning or??

what ever happened to just playing cause you enjoy it, why does there have to be a prize or one implied for so many to find reason to do is!??
I guess I am just an odd ball here and that's fine with me!

Old 11-13-2021, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mrbb
I guess I am just an odd ball here and that's fine with me!
I think you're actually in the majority on this forum. We have very few trophy hunters here as regular posters.

And nothing wrong with that if that's what a guy wants to do.

I don't think you're the odd ball here though. Must of us hunt cause we like to.
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.