Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
too warm to kill a deer >

too warm to kill a deer

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

too warm to kill a deer

Old 09-20-2021, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default too warm to kill a deer

When its hot out and you dont want to mess with a deer but they come by any way so I shot him with my camera. There are a few 10 pointers hanging around but a larger 9 with a forked G2 that Id rather send the 800 grain arrow and homemade broadhead through. I will shoot him when it get cooler.

Old 09-20-2021, 01:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

When I kill deer and it is warm I get it field dressed as soon as possible then take it to where I can buy bags of ice and put two or three bags of ice in the body cavity and get it to my butcher who has a crew skinning as soon as the deer get there and hangs them in the walk in. I was hunting in a short sleeved shirt when I took my doe last archery season.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

We built a deer cooler as we had early Muzzle loader season hunts in 87 degrees in late October and said enough to all that.

https://archeryrob.wordpress.com/201...coolbot-clone/
Old 09-22-2021, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

It cooled off quite a bit so I killed him a few days later.