Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sunday Hunting in PA ?? >

Sunday Hunting in PA ??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sunday Hunting in PA ??

Old 11-10-2003, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Sunday Hunting in PA ??

Ooooooooooo...... Sunday hunting is a bad cuss word down here in Virginia! It is that stupid archaic " Blue Law" from probably back around 1873 or something that has never been abolished. It makes no sense whatsoever! [:@]

I work M-F too and can' t always get the time off from work. Here in Virginia, they have those public WMA' s (wildlife management areas). Yeah right.... 9000 hunters against a 1/2 dozen deer! [:' (] (the other deer already got spooked off the WMA and onto private land - no hunting allowed - hey the deer ain' t dumb!)

On any given Saturday, the parking lots look like convention center! Worse yet - Saturday during general firearms season on a WMA? Whoa.... let me just leave it with this: []

Butch
Old 11-10-2003, 11:18 AM

Most of the time Sunday was the only day I had to hunt. Now that im in Utah, and we CAN hunt on sundays, im lovin it. There isn' t much else to do anyway, others than watch football and kill a few brain cells. PA needs to let us hunt on sundays, and we need to convince them to let us.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:19 AM

I vote for Sunday hunting!!!
Old 11-10-2003, 11:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Throw my vote in for it as well. It is a long time in coming. From what I hear there is some legislation in the house now but the opponents to it have it held up in committee.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

That' s what I' ve been hearing too, Frank. There' s always someone getting in the way of things....we' ve been waiting on Wal-Mart ot come to town for years, but a few rich locals have it all tied up in rediculous lawsuits.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

[>:]Sorry guys, I' ve lived in Montana where Sunday hunting has always been allowed and still couldn' t make myself do it. I feel we all need a sabbath day in our lives and while it doesn' t say anywhere that it must be Sunday I think I' ll stick with that one. There' s something about letting the animals have a break now and then that makes me feel better about harrassing them the other 6 days.
Old 11-10-2003, 02:59 PM

Don' t know why Church on Sunday is a conflict..
I go to church Sunday morning and then go fishing in the afternoon, or play football in the afternoon.
What' s so different about going hunting..
Anyone know where we can call or write...Please post it..
Mabe Gary Alt can help with this one as well (and if he does, we should nomnate him for President)
If Arnold Schwartzenegger can become governor of CA, we can get Sunday hunting in PA..
Old 11-10-2003, 03:56 PM

I hear you Chris...I have been grousing about the Sunday thing for years. I have hunted in numerous states that allowed Sunday hunting and it was terrific. So many times (this past weekend for sure) I wished I could have had another day to really nail it down. But no...Have to wait until next week, when the deer have changed their routine for yet another time. Jim
Old 11-10-2003, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

If I could hunt Sundays, I' d buy a PA licence. I live in NJ and we can' t Sundays here either. It bites.

UR
Old 11-10-2003, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' m in favor of Sunday hunting here in PA. I don' t think it' s asking much. And I do think it would help license sales. I have a few buddies that can only hunt on Saturday because of work, family, etc. They have not bought licenses in years because they can' t justify hunting once a week. At least Sunday hunting would allow some of us to double our days in the field.

Quick Reply: Sunday Hunting in PA ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.