Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Got Him Tonight!!!!! >

Got Him Tonight!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got Him Tonight!!!!!

Old 11-09-2003, 11:15 PM

Default Got Him Tonight!!!!!

The other day i wrote a post about me stalking up on a decent 8 pt. intitled " I Can' t Believe This!!" , where a guy on the four wheeler drove up on me and scared it off. well this afternoon i set my treestand up near where i thought the deer were coming from to feed under a huge water oak. well, at about 4:50 i caught movement ahead of me in the thicket. out pops a small 4 pt. and immediatley began feeding. i wasn' t going to take him, i have already taken one lesser buck this season, so it had to be 8 pt. or better. he fed for about 5 min. and then wandered off. i thought my evening was over until another deer entered the picture. it was the buck that i had stalked last Friday. i get another chance at him. well, he fed into about 17 yards of be. and as i was drawing my bow he spotted me. well kinda, he knew something wan' t right but he couldn' t quite put a hoof on it!. ASAT works wonders!!! well, by then it was too late and lights out. he was quartering toward me, and i let it fly. perfect shot, he didn' t go 20 yards until he piled up. the Muzzy cut his heart right into. he is a nice 8 pt. 16 inch spread . with decent mass. i' ll post pics when i get them back.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:19 AM

Default RE: Got Him Tonight!!!!!

Congrats Kriket, that' s awesome you got another shot at the same buck.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on a nice 8 pointer.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:28 AM
TWC

Good Deal! Glad you got ' em
Old 11-10-2003, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoyed the first story (well, didn' t think it was funny, just shared in your frustration). That is so cool you got another chance on the same deer and wound up whacking him. Congrats!
Old 11-10-2003, 08:40 AM

Way to go!!! You deserve that buck.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:38 AM

congrats.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! It must have felt nice to get a second chance at a nice buck....just goes to show you that just because they get spooked in one place one time they don' t always vanish!
Old 11-10-2003, 10:42 AM

Ditto the congrats!!! Send one my way.....
Old 11-10-2003, 07:18 PM

way to go on the buck what i liked hearing was you were wearing asat i just got mine in and havent got to go hunting with it yet

Quick Reply: Got Him Tonight!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.