Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rattle Bag Poper(pics) >

Rattle Bag Poper(pics)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rattle Bag Poper(pics)

Old 11-09-2003, 08:19 AM

Default Rattle Bag Poper(pics)

Well guys, on Nov. 7th around 2:30 I filled my last buck tag. I had to work on friday morning, but my boss assured me that we were going to finish up around noon. With the deer moving the way they are I headed straight to the woods. Decided to hunt an area that I usually shy away from during the early season due to lots of bedding going on right in the immediate area of my climbing tree. The spot though is definitely the hub of the wheel as far as deer movement in the area is concerned. It' s just a dynamite spot once the the chase and breeding phase begins. Got settled into my climber just a little before 1:00. About 20 minutes later I noticed movement on the ridge to my right. It was a borderline P and Y 8 with a doe. I decided I was going to let him go if presented a shot, but they never got closer than 40 yds. Saw several more deer in the next hour just off in the distance. At 2:30 I decided it was time to hit the rattle bag and see if any bruisers were on the prowl. I hit the bad together lightly at first and gained gradually in volume and intensity. I hadn' t even finished my sequence(usually around 30-45 seconds) when I saw a deer bolting through the woods in my direction. Then I got a decent look at him and could tell he had long tines. He was coming fast so I had to decide shoot or not shoot. Well I decided to shoot. When he hit the shooting lane at 25 yds, I gave him an urrpp to stop him. Well it stopped him all right but he kind of took a step in my direction as he stopped. There I was 25 yds away 20 ft up with his head blocking his vitals totally. The buck searched for the sound of the urrpp then I saw his eyes make contact w/ my blob in the tree. I could tell at that point that he knew something was not quite right. He slowly turned his head back forward revealing his vitals. I settled the pin and let her fly. He jumped the string big time being on edge like that. My arrow cracked right into his spine sending him directly to the ground. I immediately knocked another arrow and sent this one sailing into the boiler room to put him down for good. Not exactly the 150+ buck I was hoping for, but definitely a dandy. I' m kind of considering getting a non-resident Indiana bow tag, but haven' t decided yet. Well here' s the pics. His g-2' s and g-3' s range from 11 3/8 to 9 7/8. Had several bloody gouges from where he has been fighting.

Old 11-09-2003, 08:28 AM

Default RE: Rattle Bag Poper(pics)

nice buck.
Old 11-09-2003, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Thats a great buck! I would be proud to take that one, my hunting grounds has nearly became as bad as public this season, my hunting time limited and large buck sightings in my area are fewer than normal. Great job!
Old 11-09-2003, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

Great buck, congrats

Old 11-09-2003, 12:00 PM

Very nice buck.
Old 11-09-2003, 04:47 PM

nice buck congrats
Old 11-09-2003, 04:57 PM
TWC

That' s definately one deer to be proud of. Congrats!
Old 11-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

yep - nice. A real trophy.

Congrats!.

Old 11-09-2003, 08:40 PM

Nice. What do yall think the age of that deer is?
Old 11-09-2003, 09:39 PM

congrats thats a great buck

Quick Reply: Rattle Bag Poper(pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.