Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowhunting tracking nock >

Bowhunting tracking nock

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting tracking nock

Old 04-14-2020, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

This product not only has 2 led's and the brightest visual footprint on the market, It emits a trackable signal and the tracking deice give not only the direct the animal is, but the signal strength relating to how far as well as an audible (and increasing in pawer as you get closer) noise while you are tracking.

Its life is about 18 hours depending on the temps. You dont want a devise that will live track an animal for days and days and if your animal is not dead after 18 hours, its not doing to die.

Last edited by DIY_guy; 04-15-2020 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DIY_guy
This product not only has 2 led's and the brightest visual footprint on the market, It emits a trackable signal and the tracking deice give not only the direct the animal is, but the signal strength relating to how far as well as an audible (and increasing in pawer as you get closer) noise while you are tracking.

Its life is about 18 hours depending on the temps. You dont want a devise that will live track an animal for days and days and if your animal is not dead after 28 hours, its not doing to die.
well I will dis agree II have seen many animals that lived past the 28 hours your saying and then die later on from things, as infections can take time to set in, other things will cause an animal to be unable to eat or survive and thus die later on from poor hits
so saying any time frame is just wrong, things can happen after 28 hours that are 100% related to the shot placement on them!
Old 04-14-2020, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

And that ok for us to agree to disagree. Ive been bowhunting for nearly 50 years and have been doing tracking for others for about as long. Ive seen a lot on many hundreds of tracking jobs. I also do deer culling with a bow for my municipality and last year alone took 15 deer and an elk with my bow. Last year, the live weight of all my bow kills was 3,500 pounds, the year before that it was 4,430 pounds of animals taken with a bow. While what you describe is possible, its not likely or probable and certainly not so common as to try to build an argument upon. Its certainly so rare as to NOT be something a company would build a product around.

Last edited by DIY_guy; 04-14-2020 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

And that ok for us to agree to disagree. Ive been bowhunting for nearly 50 years and have been doing tracking for others for about as long. Ive seen a lot on many hundreds of tracking jobs. I also do deer culling with a bow for my municipality and last year alone took 15 deer and an elk with my bow. Last year, the live weight of all my bow kills was 3,500 pounds, the year before that it was 4,430 pounds of animals taken with a bow. While what you describe is possible, its not likely or probable and certainly not so common as to try to build an argument upon. Its certainly so rare as to NOT be something a company would build a product around.
well wasn't trying to pick fight here, nor call out your experience
I too have killed a LOT of deer and other critters, over my life time, never brother to weight them, also did cull work and the totals if I would have kept track of numbers, would be rather high!

I have also tracked a lot of wounded game, and I LIVE where wildlife is all yr round, manged a ton of properties as well, so I see them yr round and how injuries effect many of them!

and see wounded game weeks or months after being shot poorly and then find them dead, SO< I again Stand by what I said, , saying after 28 hours there NOT going to die < is 100% BS
I typically find about 20+ deer dead behind my house every YR for several decades, and thats not me covering a ton of ground, but is on heavy hunted lands
and cannot tell you how many other things I have found on all the other lands I managed!

I agree its not something to develop a product based around, but it doesn;t change the fact, animals shot, don't always die in a 28 hour period,
many live a LOT longer before succumbing to there wounds!
Old 04-14-2020, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mrbb
well wasn't trying to pick fight here, nor call out your experience
I too have killed a LOT of deer and other critters, over my life time, never brother to weight them, also did cull work and the totals if I would have kept track of numbers, would be rather high!

I have also tracked a lot of wounded game, and I LIVE where wildlife is all yr round, manged a ton of properties as well, so I see them yr round and how injuries effect many of them!

and see wounded game weeks or months after being shot poorly and then find them dead, SO< I again Stand by what I said, , saying after 28 hours there NOT going to die < is 100% BS
I typically find about 20+ deer dead behind my house every YR for several decades, and thats not me covering a ton of ground, but is on heavy hunted lands
and cannot tell you how many other things I have found on all the other lands I managed!

I agree its not something to develop a product based around, but it doesn;t change the fact, animals shot, don't always die in a 28 hour period,
many live a LOT longer before succumbing to there wounds!
So, we agree, its nothing to develop a product like this around.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Legality aside (between battery and the barbs), does the force needed to pull it out of the arrow reduce penetration any?

I'd also be concerned with it staying in the deer on a poor hit leading to infection.

Added weight to the tail of hte arrow iwll actually make the arrow act stiffer, so shouldn't be an issue.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, we agree, its nothing to develop a product like this around.
again, I never said it was.
but the point of a device to track deer, would typically only be needed in deer /game that was shot poorly,NO??
and most deer/game shot well, die in a rather short distance from a hunter, many times in sight of them!
so, when your trying to make a device to aid in finding LESS than stellar hit animals, you might want to be able to track them, for more than 28 hours!
I know over MY life time, I have been a part of helping recover many deer that were found a few days after being shot

as many times the shooter looks HARD for a day or so, before asking for help
and the game some times has been found over a mile away!
'using basic tracking skills, as well as at times a tracking dog!

as its been MY experience that when you make a GOOD shot in vitals , things don';t often run that far and get found in a much shorter period of time.

NOT always, but most times!

its again,
when poor shot placements happen, , that is when things get tricky to find them,some times, and the need or HELP of a device to find them would be NICE to have!
this is why I have stated, I think many times a delay in when a device comes alive would be helpful
this way a battery can last longer and help recover harder to find game!

28 hours, is great for GOOD hit animals, but some of them that travel FAR due to poor placement hits, might take a LOT longer to find, if one tries and puts the effort into it!
just saying again, NOT picking an argument here!
Old 04-15-2020, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bob H in NH
does the force needed to pull it out of the arrow reduce penetration any?
No. It slips out well and this all happens at a fast fast rate. Its firm enough to hold the device in place but the act of slipping out on impact (by that point the broadhead is already exited the animal.) happens with ease.

Old 04-15-2020, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mrbb
28 hours, is great for GOOD hit animals, but some of them that travel FAR due to poor placement hits, might take a LOT longer to find, if one tries and puts the effort into it!
I made a mistake when I typed 28 hours. This device transmits for 18 hours, not 28.

Last edited by DIY_guy; 04-15-2020 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-15-2020, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I made a mistake when I typed 28 hours. This device transmits for 18 hours, not 28.
well that would be another reason to maybe add a delay on it
as , say as an example, you make a bad hit(they happen)
at a deer at say 3 pm, and you want to wait over night before going after and its a typical deal to WAIT before tracking a poor hit deer!

so, now you waited till sun rise and enough good light to track it can be say 7 am before light is OK to track,
that's almost your whole battery's life!
and if you PUSH a wounded deer sooner, it can run a LONG ways and then your back to waiting again for some time to pas, for it to lay down again !

as again, on a GOOD hit deer something like this really isn;t needed, its mostly for poor hits that things go wrong and time ends up being needed to find them!

and keep in mind a lot of hunters are new and not super experienced in tracking, so many will wait before pushing a deer! or push too soon and jump a deer and then wait and so on!

Battery life will be a BIG part of a device like this in selling and being worth there costs to have!

Last edited by mrbb; 04-15-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.