Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Season over or not xray will tell >

Season over or not xray will tell

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Season over or not xray will tell

Old 11-05-2003, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Season over or not xray will tell

Well I finally done it or should I say someone done it for me.
Yesterday I was moving a over the bin ice maker when my help dropped his side giving me a first degree shoulder seperation on my right shoulder.I shoot my bow right handed and not worth a darn with my left.Heck I wont even pick my nose with my left hand from fear of poking my brain out.[:' (].Im waiting for the xray and mri results to find out wheather it' s surgery time or just knock it back in place .Doc said it depends on the damage if any done.
My doc also is a bow hunter and he feels my pain and said he wants to get me back on track as soon as possible w/o surgery if possible.
I should know something tommorrow and if surgery is the fix My season is over and I will have to hunt through you guys and your stories .Man I hope not .Wish me luck and I will let you know what the verdict is but a little prayer might help.[:-]
Old 11-05-2003, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Season over or not xray will tell

I' m pullin for ya bud! That really sucks! I always fear an injury before or durring season for that reason. I hope your all better real quick with no need for surgery!
Old 11-05-2003, 08:07 PM

Good luck at the doctor bubba. Hopefully no surgery, maybe you could get one with a gun if the seasons later like here in Illinois.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:14 PM

good luck buddy hang in there ,hope it works out for ya

go deep hunt hard.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:19 PM

bubba74701 I know what you mean. Last year I was riding my dirt bike and flipped it over landing on my left foot. 1week before season. made it out 2 times but the pain was to much. I hope everything turns out good for you, but it will probably mean rest for your shoulder. better give it time to heal right so next year you don' t still feel it. Good luck !!!

Old 11-06-2003, 07:43 AM

Hey bubba- I' m an orthopaedist and the one thing I will say (your doc probably said this too) is don' t let your shoulder get stiff. GENTLY keep it moving. the worst thing you can get is a frozen shoulder. That could take 18 months to get better.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bubba I wish you all the best, I have been dealing with an elbow problem since the day before opening day that at times just kills me, I have been resting it a lot and it seems to be slowly getting better, but every time I think it is getting there I will wake up in severe pain again, I refuse to go to the doc until after the season is over for fear he may want to do something to me!!! LOL I sure hope you don' t need the surgery and listen to orthobowhunter and keep moving it.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:13 AM

Bad news sucks! I feel terriblely sorry for you. Hope the doc and modern meds will get you back in action soon. If it' s legit where you hunt I' d make that person buy you a cross bow so you can still get out. with some luck the x rays will come back negitive. my prayers are with you!
Old 11-06-2003, 08:13 AM

I' m pulling for ya and feel your pain. Hope you get better soon.....

Old 11-06-2003, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear the news and hope for good news in the future and a speedy recovery.

Quick Reply: Season over or not xray will tell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.