Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Yo man, don' t be " dissin' "  my bow!! >

Yo man, don' t be " dissin' " my bow!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Yo man, don' t be " dissin' " my bow!!

Old 11-04-2003, 03:31 PM

Default RE: Yo man, don' t be " dissin' " my bow!!

If what this guy said is true than I' d never shoot a deer. I use the same PSE I started with 4 years ago and it was used then!!!!!

I wouldn' t trade it for the world. It' s a heck of a lot quieter than the new rocket slingers they' ve got out.

Old 11-04-2003, 03:43 PM

I' ve got a " fast" modern bow that I shoot because its new to me. But I' ve also got the same PSE 1000C in right hand and can tell you it is a sweet shooting bow. Its harder to make a mistake with and easy to maintain. I started with the PSE used from a pawn shop to get me used to shooting a bow then went to the jennings for speed. Now I' m fighting the jennings to get it as quiet as the pse.
Old 11-04-2003, 03:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Yeh, tell him to stuff it. My back up is a PSE SR 1000, probably the same bow with a different year model. I bought it off the PSE truck before they were in stores. Anyway, it' s set at 76 pounds, shooting 525 grains tipped with Thunderheads at 252 fps. It shot through just about every deer I ever shot with it. It was my primary bow for about 8 years. I took multiple deer in everyone of those years. I love the Synergy wheels. Once tuned it stays there. It doesn' t chew up strings and cables like my new one cam. It is a tad heavy, but hey...we' re big boys. We can handle it.[:-]
Old 11-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still have my backup bow. PSE Fire-Flite Elite from about 10 years ago. Set at 85lbs and still works fine.
Old 11-04-2003, 04:19 PM

Did he really suggest a Hoyt or a Martin? That alone shoots his credibility out the door!
[/b]

Them are fightin' words!
Old 11-04-2003, 04:32 PM

Reference him to the big KS buck i shot on Sunday (I have threads open on it) and show him the huge hold my wimpy 52# longbow with 425 gr carbon arrows tipped with Thunderheads tore ! The guys an idiot to know a 2 year old compound as

" . That old bow won' t go through a deer! It sounds like it' s too heavy anyways. Not only that, it' s probably way too slow compared to today' s bows. 41" ATA? Man, that' s way too big to use in a tree stand!"

My bow is 64" and my arrows go about 175 fps or so ....

Old 11-04-2003, 04:45 PM

Stick bows have been killing deer for 10,000 years, but your 7 year old bow is too old.
Old 11-04-2003, 04:49 PM

I hunted with an old Proline (circa ' 86) I bought from the factory up here in Hastings, Mich for 17 years. I dropped it out of my treestand this summer practicing (long story) any how, I would probably be out in the woods with it again this year had the stabilizer not snapped out of the laminated wooden riser [:' (]. I agree with the other guys here, bring him in a nice set of horns as a side dish to the crow. Good Luck this season.
Old 11-04-2003, 04:52 PM

i used to shoot a old bear bow slow as hill but it will still kill deer.then i shot a cheap american supreme bow and it was a fair bow,but i got me a browning tornado and i am in love.there is nothing wrong with a old bow to hunt with. when you kill a monster deer show him and tell him and then he will feel retarted.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 11-04-2003, 04:56 PM

Zelazny' s kill with the gear he specified tends to take the wind out of the speed and energy arguments.

Quick Reply: Yo man, don' t be " dissin' " my bow!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.