Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Idaho Mule deer hunt >

Idaho Mule deer hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Idaho Mule deer hunt

Old 01-26-2019, 01:19 PM
Spike

Default Idaho Mule deer hunt

We are looking for a good area to put in for permits in central Idaho. Does anyone have any good suggestions?
Old 01-27-2019, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Hopefully somebody who has hunted Idaho a lot will post here. However, I was at a Sportsman's expo recently and spoke with the Idaho DFG employees in the booth. The Game Warden showed me pics of his really nice 4x4 buck and a nice bull elk. The biologist told me that Northern Idaho (the panhandle) is where you'll find a lot more game and OTC tags. She said that a lot of the southern counties tend to be draw units. They took a lot of time answering my questions and really seemed to be interested in getting people to hunt up there. I know a lot of the time people recommend going to a state's website but in this particular case, I can honestly recommend it. Check out Idaho's DFG website as they have a lot of good information and also call them to see which unit they recommend for what you are interested in. I'm betting it's not a short phone call.

Last edited by CalHunter; 01-27-2019 at 09:58 AM.