Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
A successful bowhunt A broadhead is an amazing thing (this deer bleeds out on film) >

A successful bowhunt A broadhead is an amazing thing (this deer bleeds out on film)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A successful bowhunt A broadhead is an amazing thing (this deer bleeds out on film)

Old 10-22-2018, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default A successful bowhunt A broadhead is an amazing thing (this deer bleeds out on film)

2018 has been a great year for me so far.

The weekend of Oct 20-21 I headed East to chase whitetails. The worst part of any traveling hunt is the traveling. In this case, going through Chicago on a Friday during rush hour with construction.

6 hours later, I was in a better place and ready to bowhunt. Here are some images and video of a successful weekend. The weather on Sat. morning was fantastic but by miday there was a front coming through bringing high winds and rain. The deer were on their feet early perhaps due to the upcoming foul weather and the early rutting activity.

I was able to take a buck with a 30 yard shot. The buck had been chasing a doe and offered me a quartering away shot. The arrow entered behind the front leg and exited in front of the far side shoulder. The Woodsman severed all the plumbing lines at the top of the heart. The buck ran into the doe as they both wanted to take the same exit route. The buck bounced off that encounter and ran in a circle returning him to my stand. (see video)

I spent over a year designing and testing this drop away rest. So far, in 2018 Ive been able to use it to take 7 species in 6 states .

The knife in the pic below is perhaps one of the most well traveled knives in the bowhunting world. Its a traveling knive program I created and this this knife has been with many bowhunters on just about every continent over the last few years. Its back hunting with me for 2018.

This old bowhunter is having a pretty good year so far.

The buck weighed 185 pounds dressed with an estimated live weight of 215 pounds.

Ive started the euro mount and the 165 grain woodsman head is already re-honed and back in the quiver ready for another hunt.

Some video footage. A sharp and well placed broadhead is an amazing thing. This deer bleeds out on camera.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:15 AM
Typical Buck

Last night I green scored the rack to get the gross score.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:05 AM
Typical Buck

I compared this rack to a couple other know scored bow kill bucks.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

That's a good buck buck for sure

-Jake
Old 02-05-2019, 06:59 PM
Spike

Beauty buck!