HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Halloween Buck (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/41989-halloween-buck.html)

BigDaddy12t 11-03-2003 04:56 PM

RE: Halloween Buck

[&:] Trick or Treat!!!!!!! Looks to me like you got one heck of a treat. Congrats!

6pt125lbs 11-03-2003 06:15 PM

HOLY MOSES DALE how north did you have to go to find that big guy look how tall those G1' s and G2' s are man he really dresses out for haloween

jerry606 11-03-2003 07:00 PM

congratulations

Dalejbrass 11-04-2003 08:51 AM

The Story..........

Started this hunt on Thursday morning, hot, miserable, nats and mesquitoes swarming my face and a howling wind. Saw one deer in the morning. Climbed out of my tree at 11:30, ate lunch and went to a different stand. Got settled into my new stand at 1:15 pm and had a button buck come by at 2:30 pm. I thought that my luck was changing......not! Right at dark I had three does, four fawns and a button buck come by. Only had one shooting lane and could hear a buck grunting around behind them but no sighting.

Climbed into a different stand Friday morning about an hour before sunrise and waited. At 6:55 am this big guy came walking by obviously on the cruise for ladies. I spotted him some 50-60 yards off, knew he was a shooter and prepared myself for a shot. At one time, I actually had decided to let this deer walk, but when he stopped 20 yards in front of me broadside, looked down at the bow in my hand, remembered the weather forecast for the weekend and realized that this was the biggest bodied deer I had personally seen, I quickly decided to take the shot. I drew back from a sitting position, put my twenty yard pin on the SPOT and pulled the trigger. The arrow entered right behind the front shoulder, penetrated both lungs, exited the other side and stuck 8 inches in the ground on the other side. The buck jumped and ran approx. 15 yards and stopped. I could see he was trembling pretty bad! He burst into a run for another 30 yards, stopped and fell over dead. I got to watch it all.......I guess that was the most exciting part. Thirty seconds later, a doe and spike came by eating acorns and browsing. I thought seriously about harvesting the doe, but decided to hunt another day!

After climbing down to admire this 240 lb deer, I eased out of the area. As soon as I topped the ridge I spotted three other bucks heading my direction. I dropped down and grabbed my grunt tube. I grunted a small eight point within 20 yards, snort wheezed at him, had him run off, then grunted him back within 15 yards.

I love deer hunting.

fxbonerhead 11-04-2003 09:02 AM

wow!!!![:o][:o]great story......great deer!!!!!:D

PAhunterJEN 11-04-2003 04:49 PM

Good lookin' buck...... Congratulations!!!!