Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gee, how can you southern boys stand it! >

Gee, how can you southern boys stand it!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gee, how can you southern boys stand it!

Old 11-03-2003, 03:52 PM

Default RE: Gee, how can you southern boys stand it!

I cant stand it.. you' re sweaty so you got stink every where which diminshes your chances of seeing deer.. just plain sucks
Old 11-03-2003, 03:52 PM

still the hot weather doesn' t effect them to much cause my friend shot a huge 10 point with a 17 inch spread and dressed at like 190-200 this morning in pa with the temp around 65s-70....i need to get out
Old 11-03-2003, 04:23 PM

I cant stand it.. you' re sweaty so you got stink every where which diminshes your chances of seeing deer.. just plain sucks
diminishes? bahh...some of yall get too caught up in the scent stuff. Hunting in the heat is a pain tho. Been in the 80' s here this week. But im hoping it will work out and the temp drop will be within a week or so and the rut is gonna come on well.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:06 PM

her in tennessee it has been hot to. darn skitters was biting my a** off in the stand,sweating all over,drinking alot of water,sun beating down on me, making me feel like a frying egg,i might as well get but naked in the stand to keep cool.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yesterday my bud shot a 4 pointer as far away from the truck as possible. We dont have a 4 wheeler or game cart to help so we have to drag the game. He shot it probly a little over 1/2 a mile from the truck and at least 1/4 mile is up hill. Took 2 of us 1.5 hrs to drag this guy out of the woods. Thank goodness the moon was bright (even though not a full moon) sense our flashlights where dim. Last i had seen when we drove by the bank it as 81 out. Oh the fields we drug the deer through where so growed up the hay was slapping us in the face.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:46 PM

Been hunting in central Texas and the temps have been from 65-90 during the day. I have some Scentlok Savana coveralls that I wear with just some light shorts and a tank-top underneath. I look pretty funny when I stop in town before the morning hunt (wearing short, tank-top and my long socks for my boots), but when my buddy is sweating his a$$ off, I am pretty cool. Supposed to be a low of 47 and high of 62 or so this weekend. Can' t wait.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:07 PM

85 in okie homie today hot as $#!T but i just wheer a cut off camo shirt and my camo overalls i saw only one today right at sunset i guess trailing a hot doe or something good buck but was a good 150 yds away so ohh well i guess ill try it tommorrow AGAIN
Old 11-03-2003, 06:41 PM

Here in the San Antonio area we have been getting some cool mornings lately. I took my best deer on Nov. 18 this year and it was 72 degrees an hour after the shot. Check out the duds http://www.bowsite.com/bstrophy/deta...?trophyid=4860 We wish for cold weather every day, but when it gets here everyone grips about the cold! It hasn' t snowed properly here in 16+ years!
Old 11-04-2003, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, you whiney @ss whippersnappers! On opening day of archery it was 90 something in the swamp! More skeeters than Carter has pills, and the yeller flies were havin' a blast! To heck with facing the right way, Ya gotsta get in the shade....

Try it in Florida sometime! It is so hot it puts ya to sleep, and ya wakes up half hour later groggy as ya know what. Drink some water and stay for a few more hours.

Seriously, in the stand before the sun rises, and have at least a quart of water and snacks, go to the truck around 9:30 and eat a sandwich, drink some Coca~cola and back in the stand till noon. Then back to the truck for a sandwich and Coke...again... then back the stand with a quart of water. 2 hours later do it again.
We just don' t go but 200 yards at the most from the truck, cause its that thick. You are lucky to see more than 20 yards when you' re in the stand.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greavous

I took my best deer on Nov. 18 this year ...

it' s only Nov. 4. Do you mean last year?

Quick Reply: Gee, how can you southern boys stand it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.