Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
no arrow, no blood or hair... >

no arrow, no blood or hair...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

no arrow, no blood or hair...

Old 11-01-2018, 08:10 AM
Spike

Default no arrow, no blood or hair...

shot at a nice 8pt a few evening ago approx. 30 yard shot ..I believe I hit him but now not so sure. after the shot the deer took off like a batt out of hell which would have been in the left direction from where he was standing. I searched now for several hours over the past few days no arrow, no blood, what concerns me is that after the shot I heard the very familiar whack sound as if I hit him??
Old 11-01-2018, 08:59 AM
Dominant Buck

I always have heard that whack of the hit and knew I had an arrow into the deer.. Chances are with a 30 yd shot you buried the shaft into the deer and it didn't break it off going through the trees. Little hair would be showing and often no blood since it is being held inside by the shaft. Keep looking..at bare minimum the arrow should be there somewhere on a miss. Hair can be difficult to locate depending on the location of the hit. I would be looking for jump marks in the dirt or leaves. A running deer always leaves a trail if you know what to look for. Good luck and watch for the birds if it goes further. They usually don't have much trouble finding a dead deer.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

Also go back and do a grid search and take your time to look real thorough.Good luck.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you haven't found him by now you can be assured the coyotes have.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:48 PM
Spike

Critters had a great meal.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:32 PM
Spike

Any luck finding him? Best thing you can do at this point is grid search and look for the birds.