HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   heat&the rut (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/41919-heat-rut.html)

gottohunt2 11-02-2003 06:38 PM

heat&the rut

i' m just wondering what the feeling is out there about this high tempature and the rut will it stop the bucks from chasing or not.It' s going to be around 75-80 here in pa on monday what do you think.

Ken/WV 11-02-2003 06:50 PM

RE: heat&the rut

it' s goin to be mid 70' s here to. damn weather.

Donald Fry 11-02-2003 06:58 PM

i was out today checking on my cameras, found plenty of new scrapes and rubs. i read on the forum to hunt in the mornings, my only time is in the evenings, if thats what i have thats what i hunt.[:-]

Cougar Mag 11-02-2003 07:01 PM

According to " articles" I have read over the years, most do not think much warmer than normal temps affect the rut BUT........i think otherwise. Although I am finding rubs and scrapes, this season is not shaping up as to what I have viewed the average normal rut. Cooler temps will come soon I hope and quick!

DaveH 11-02-2003 07:07 PM

I agree with Cougar. Daylight is supposed to be responsible for bringing on the rut and, while that is probably true, heat definitely has a negative effect on our ability as hunters, to take advantage of it. From what I' ve seen, the deer are doing just like you would expect--nearly no daytime movement and even the sign is going dead. Everyone I talk to has seen the same thing happening.

gottohunt2 11-02-2003 07:13 PM

thanks for the replies i have the week off i' ll just deal with it

Deleted User 11-02-2003 07:16 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

hunt3r 11-03-2003 11:13 AM

I have been seeing bucks chasing does in the fields this weekend, and it was very warm.

On Sunday morning (as example) with a low of 50' s, I seen movement right up till 10am when it started getting into the 60' s. (7 deer seen, 3 bucks) That same afternoon (@ different location), I seen movement as early as 4:15 when it was still in high 60' s and right up till dark. (10 deer seen, 3 bucks)

While I am no expert, I personally believe from what I have seen that deer will move regardless of the temp. They my not move as much, but to say they are not going to move at all seems silly too. I also can' t imagien that warm weather is going to stop urges that bucks have coming on.... if you know what I mean.

Yesturday was the best day for seeing deer afield i have had this whole season and I have hunted much cooler days. FYI: The locations were 1hr driving distance apart!

Five Minute Willie 11-03-2003 11:29 AM

It' ll all get better next week after the full moon (Sunday the 9th). Temps will drop and the deer will move with a vengeance (just a guess).