Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Looking to get one of the new Hoyt Redwrks. >

Looking to get one of the new Hoyt Redwrks.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking to get one of the new Hoyt Redwrks.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default Looking to get one of the new Hoyt Redwrks.

As the title said I am looking to get one of the new Hoyt Redwrks bows. Has any one here had a chance to shoot them or look at them. My current bow is the Hoyt Carbon Element a 70 pounder. If I can upgrade would go for Redwrks in the 35 inch model. Would also go 55-65 the reason being some health issues have taken away alot of my strength. This is no lie has a pancrease transplant that failed and I can not get my strength back. I enjoy the carbon riser bows and do not think I would go back to an alluminum bow again. The carbon is just far to nice to handle in cool and cold weather.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

Did some price checking the bow will cost me 2 grand. Sure is great to live in Canada with our Peso priced dollar.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

My bow should be ordered today. It will be the RX1 Ultra model. I will give a report on it when I get it and shoot it.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

I wish I could afford the carbon models. I just picked up a new 2017 Pro Defiant. Best bow I have ever had. The tightness of the groups I shoot is amazing. I always wait to get last years model so they are more affordable. I am interested to hear how you like the bow as I will probably get the Redwrks.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

It has been on order for 3 weeks I think now but feels like a year. I have been reading some reviews and a lot are saying that all 3 rx models draw real smooth and easy. A friend picked up the Hyperforce in 70lbs and says it feels like 60. Did the carbon models from last year not come down in price as much. I will do a little report when I get the bow thanks for your interest. The biggest selling feature for me on carbon risers is the warmth. They just don't seem to get cold even below freezing.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

Just picked up my Ultra 2 days ago. I have shot it a bit and so far very impressed. At the shop where I picked it up it sounded dead quiet to my ears which is odd as a bow usually sounds louder to to me when shooting it. Shot it outside last night and was surprised by the accuracy of this thing. The bow has not been tuned only setup the way it was when I picked it up. I know after I get it shot in and tuned the accuracy will improve even more. It is a very smooth drawing bow and has a short but nice valley at full draw. This is nice because a person could not relax at all with my element. There is no vibration I can feel at the shot and the bow just kind of sits there no falling forward. Different from my other Hoyts which liked to tip forward at the shot. They are expensive but as a bonus Hoyt throws in a bow case and a hat. The bow case was a real shock to and I feel a nice touch and bonus for a purchase. Not sure if this is just a carbon bow bonus or whether all there top end bows gets this. Well off to shoot some more you no kids and new toys.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:02 PM
Spike

UNBELIEVABLE what these things cost, but they are sweeeeet.

I still shoot a Switchy XT, but getting the itch to upgrade.

Enjoy your bow.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

Another update on my Ultra. It shoots way to good I got a Robin Hood 2 weeks after I got it. This was just setup the way I got it no tweeking done yet. I measured pull weight basically at bottom of range 56lbs. and middle top draw length number 2 cam 28inches. It should be shot in now so I will start fine tuning it bight away.