Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Father, I have done wrong... >

Father, I have done wrong...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Father, I have done wrong...

Old 10-31-2003, 06:34 AM

Default Father, I have done wrong...

[:' (] I am borrowing my father-in-law' s crossbow. I tell everyone that I cannot stand crossbows because I think they are cheating, but I haven' t got many shots within a comfortable bow range this year. Go ahead, shoot me now...[X(]
Old 10-31-2003, 06:38 AM

Default RE: Father, I have done wrong...

Whatever, Man! It' s your life. I can' t keep you from doing drugs either.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:55 AM

I always get onto my friends because they all use crossbows, and I tell them that they might as well be hunting with a gun. Yeah, crossbows work, but you lose your bolts almost 99.9% of the time, too. I' m just going to try and tag my doe with the crossbow, and stick to my compound for nailing that big buck.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:04 AM

Your using a crossbow because you havent had a deer within your range of a compound????? How far you planning on taking one with the xbow???? Would seem anout the same wouldnt it?????
Old 10-31-2003, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey if you want to use the x bow more power to you. But what I don' t understand is how not having anything in bow range has anything to do with using an x bow. Using the x bow isn' t going to make deer magically appear in your shooting lanes. An x bow does not have any more down range accuracy then your compound. Good luck getting one.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:47 AM

You can' t use a crossbow on deer in Oklahoma unless you' ve got some doctor' s signature. I' d love to use one.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

avid you need to talk to some folks who use crossbows, they do not have the range of a compound and drop like a lead brick after 20 yards. Do not beleive the myth about a crossbow being like a gun, it' s not!
Old 10-31-2003, 09:47 AM

I just don' t feel comfortable shooting 30+ yards with only 55lb. draw weight. If I' d had a xbow i could have shot this nice big healthy doe out by my house last sunday. I ended up spooking the bedded doe trying to get within range of at least 20 yards. With no cover, I couldn' t draw my bow back in the wide open, but a cross bow, i could have just aimed and shot. Get my point?
Old 10-31-2003, 09:49 AM

I wonder why they make scopes for xbows that range upto 50 yds? I thought they could at least shoot 35 yards and still take down a deer?
Old 10-31-2003, 10:05 AM

Move your stand, watch the wind and scent, just get closer to the deer. And for God' s sake get out of your house to hunt.

Greg

Quick Reply: Father, I have done wrong...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.