Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Which stand for public? >

Which stand for public?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which stand for public?

Old 09-12-2017, 10:54 AM
Spike

Default Which stand for public?

Im in between a light weight hang on stand or a climber. I had a cheap climber last season i didnt like it. But the lone wolfs look alot better. Any opinions
Old 09-12-2017, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

I prefer my summit climber just because it's easy to take in and out and it's comfortable on long sits.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Check out the millennium stands. I have the light tripod and it is very comfortable. I have also carried it back in a half mile on public land also.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Summit climbers get my vote. Easy, comfortable and affordable.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

A climber is nice for moving around, but you're limited to pretty straight, clear trees.

I use hang ons occasionally with climbing sticks. If you buy a quality one they are still pretty light weight and you're able to move around with them. It gives you more flexibility on what trees you can use and I've stuck them in allot of places you wouldn't really think a stand could be used.

-Jake
Old 09-26-2017, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Summit Viper is my choice.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Buy a used Loggy off Craigslist. I've bought a few extra ones. You do need to be careful regarding the design. They made a change once that turned out to be aweful. It's where the base has two feet which went against the tree instead of the wide rubber pad. However, single piece that straps to your feet while you climb. Nothing lighter and more quiet when you learn how to use it.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

I have 2 LW alphas and an summit viper

Long sits the summit gets the nod.
Targeted sits that I need to get in quiet and trees are iffy the LW get the nod.

If I could only only own one I would have the LW. XOP is a great cheaper option.
Same guy that designed the LW owns XOP.

I have killed way more out of the LW because I don't have to hunt a tree I can climb with the summit I can put the LW in almost any tree.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had a few different stands, I like the lone wolf platform packs nice and is the quietest of all I have had, BUT I never cared for there seat,
s what I have done, was I bought summit seat and used it on the lone wold climber/seat
made a huge difference in all day sits for me
and I even picked up a cheap seat climber , and added another summit seat, and use that as JUST a seat for hunting, it keeps me comfortable off the wet ground,snow or??
packs ok too, , nice for when I like to wander about in rifle season, and try and catch trespassers LOL