Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
PA..Just too warm out ! >

PA..Just too warm out !

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA..Just too warm out !

Old 10-08-2017, 02:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default PA..Just too warm out !

It has been way to warm for me to go Bow hunting. The bugs are really bad. The Rattle snakes are hiding everywhere ! You are sweated bad till you get to where you want to be?
It is supposed to get even warmer this week ?
Old 10-08-2017, 04:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I got up this morning at 6 am to take my morning forced march walk with my setter. I walked out the door in a T-shirt and sweat pants, I should have been in my skivies, it was 77 degrees and by the time I finished my walk I was sweating. Not hunting weather by any stretch of the imagination, at least for northern hunters.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I know what you mean. I've been out a few times. Way too hot but still enjoyable once you get settled in. I saw a bobcat on Tues. morning. He came within 15 yards of my stand. First one I've seen in a long time. Then Wed. morning I had a doe an 2 yearlings come by. I could have shot her a half dozen times but let her pass. There are 7 legal buck near my stand somewhere. I had them on trail cam all summer.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:55 AM
Typical Buck

Nasty warm here in Illinois too. Was really nice and cool Friday morning but was raining on and off all day.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

On Friday I left early to go work on my Permanent tree stand, I had to put new die cut cammo cloth on it, I also chopped out a place to hide my ATV and removed some small branches that would have blocked my view. I did all the cutting with a machete and by noon I was soaked with sweat and called it a day. I still have to remove some more branches that obstruct my vision so I am hoping the leaves start to come down so I can get it done next week as the senior, junior, military and handicapped doe season opens on the 19th.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do feel for you guys. This is what we hunt in through most of the season though so I do enjoy the company.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I totally agree with you guys, entirely too hot for this time of year, let alone deer hunting. It's 25 degrees warmer than the average and that sucks! I love to bowhunt but I refuse to even attempt to walk to my stand in such BS weather as we are experiencing here in Pennsylvania.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

We are 10 days away from the senior, junior, handicapped amd military 3 day doe season. I hope we get frost and colder weather before then.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

Hahahahaha! you guys are funny. Still hitting mid 90's here n FL and me and my bow are ready to rock this weekend. Oh and don't forget the thermocell it's ready too!
Old 10-10-2017, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Outside of Shotgun weekend Ive shot more mature bucks on opening weekend than any other time of year.

Around here people always say "its too hot the deer are not moving" October lull, all my bucks have disappeared etc.

I had an encounter with a mature buck opening evening here in IL in the broad daylight and it was hot.

What is really happening is acorns are falling and the deer (specially mature bucks) have abandoned all other food sources.

Not as much fun in the woods but deer are still moving/feeding if you find the right oak trees. Find large bumper crop white oaks and they will be there.

The acorns are starting to dry up here. The big boys are still on them but doe are moving back to crops and were really moving here yesterday evening.

Last edited by rockport; 10-10-2017 at 05:10 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.