Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bow - hunting spot >

Bow - hunting spot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow - hunting spot

Old 09-15-2017, 06:26 AM
Spike

Default Bow - hunting spot

Help - looking for a hunting spot for me and my son...archery - Chester County area - close to Oxford pa 19363
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Old 09-15-2017, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with that. About 10 years ago a hunting Buddy and myself knocked on about 30 doors in Chester County . Looking to Archery hunt only. Not one bite. you will have a better chance knocking on doors in Bucks county. Bring your kid with you and tell them you only want to Archery hunt, no guns and willing to share your game. If you have Doe tags check out the PGC red tag program. Farms in 5c and 5d open up their farms to hunting for antlerless Deer. Good Luck!!!!!
Old 09-24-2017, 05:44 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
Good luck with that. About 10 years ago a hunting Buddy and myself knocked on about 30 doors in Chester County . Looking to Archery hunt only. Not one bite. you will have a better chance knocking on doors in Bucks county. Bring your kid with you and tell them you only want to Archery hunt, no guns and willing to share your game. If you have Doe tags check out the PGC red tag program. Farms in 5c and 5d open up their farms to hunting for antlerless Deer. Good Luck!!!!!
I did this for years in Westchester County NY. The above advice is good...I'd add dress well. Not suit or tie, but neat and clean and not in your camo. I used to also look for houses or areas where people had deer fencing up. These people were spending time and money to protect their plants and their beautiful landscaping was behind ugly plastic fences. Good luck and don't be discouraged. You may need to ask 10 times before you get one yes...
Old 09-24-2017, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree its tight down there on access
hate to say it, but your asking at the wrong time of year too
a week or so before season starts, is NOT the time to be asking for a pl;ace to hunt
many land owners right off will say no, due to your lack of planing and for site.

want advice, start looking in spring time, and get to know land owners, be NICE to them, offer to help out or??(maybe have your son mow a lawn or two?? little things some times mean a LOT to land owners) and if you look hard enough it can be done

but a week before season<
Good luck, and don't mean to come across as a smart azz, not my intention
its just honest advice!