Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool! >

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Old 01-03-2004, 05:41 PM

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool

What kind of bow did you get and what are the stats? I'm curious as to what someone of your age would hunt with.

Me, I've only been hunting this year although I've had my bow for 1.5 years ---just took me a long time to get all my ducks together
Old 01-03-2004, 07:09 PM

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

I'm 15 been deer hunting for 2 years. Been hunting other stuff since I could hold a rifle.
Old 01-03-2004, 07:13 PM

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

15 here. Love hunting.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

IM 38 and have been hunting most all my life. i have been bowhunting for 24 years. got my first bow when i was 12 and started hunting at the age of 14. my son turned 9 this past nov. he shoots a hoyt. and not a bad shot. you just got to spend time with them.teach the the right way. teach them what you have learned.you won`t regret it
Old 01-03-2004, 08:59 PM

I'm 31. Started bowhunting when I was 9. My oldest child is Autumn(named after my favorite time of year!) she is 4 and just took her first trip with me hunting the other day. We had a blast. All she says she wants to do is "shoot a buck-deer like Daddy does". Melts my heart. Her little sister, Summer is always talking about it. I let them pet my deer mounts all the time. They love animals, but also show a keen interest in the sport of deer hunting and doing what Daddy does. SO COOL!!!!!

My third, Zack, is due in 3 weeks!!( Finally, a boy!!) I'm sure he will be a deerslayer, too!!(Time to get snipped, I know).
Maybe by then they'll have a season on PETA members!
Maybe by then they won't allow hunting???[:@][>:][:-]
Hope not. Can't see it. Not that soon.

31, bowhunted for 22 years.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im 44 been hunting since I was 10.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:59 AM

i'm 41 have been hunting since i was 40 never had a father and i grew up in the city so theres 2 strikes .i got married last year and moved to new hampshire from massachussettes now i am hooked on the great outdoors hunting,fishing,kayaking anything that has to do with the wilderness i bought a trailer and i have it up in vermont i will be hunting up there next year. i look back now and realize all the years that i wasted but i am looking forward to the rest of my life being one with nature
Old 01-04-2004, 08:45 AM

I'm 40 been hunting since I was 12. One thought on this issue. Sometimes it's the quality and not the quanity thats more important. And it lookes like theres a lot of young Quality on this site.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:37 AM
BB9

Just turned 40. Started late (grew up in the city, what can I say), 25. Gun hunted everything and anything first 3 years. Self-taught bowhunter. Only bowhunt now for past 12 years.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

I'm 30. Been hunting for half my life and will hunt for the rest of it.

Quick Reply: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.