Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool! >

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Old 11-29-2003, 07:34 PM

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Im 23 been hunting since I was 10. Hunting on my own at 14 with bow. As for the old lady she thinks im a murderer. Now my 3 year old, shes no doubt going to be a hunter. Shes been in the woods to help me bait a couple times already when it was still warm. Hopefully I can keep her interested untill she is able to draw a bow and hit what she aims at.Little while to go yet.
Old 11-30-2003, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

I started at 12 gun hunting and 14 bowhunting and am now 35.
My first archery deer was at 15.
Old 11-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

49 years old, been deer hunting since 1976 and bowhunting since 1977. Started hunting rabbits and squirrells around 14 years old.
Old 11-30-2003, 07:32 PM

47 and still hunting from the trees
Old 12-01-2003, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool

I' m 27. Been hunting since I was 11 or 12. Self taught.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:06 AM

I' m 25. This is the 15th season that I' ve been hunting.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m 40 and have been hunting since I was 5-6 years old. My little boy is and avid squirrel hunter at age 4 and has been going with me since he was 2 1/2 years old. He' s getting his first bow this year for his birthday.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:23 AM

I am 30 started squirrel hunting at 9 moved to bigger game later.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:41 AM

I' m 53, son Joe is 17. He has about 5 buddies who bow & gun hunt for whitetails. At least in our locale the young men seem to be willing to take up a proud tradition. I think it has a great deal to do with parental encouragement. I know our hunts together are super quality time. What a splendid affair it is to see the pure enjoyment on my sons face when he walks over to me and tells me he stuck another.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:56 AM

I' m 27 and just started hunting this year, I had been meaning to take the hunters ed. course for years but never got around to it, I lost my job and found plenty of time to get it in this year, almost a blessing in disguise. I must say most of my friends around my age don' t understand hunting, they think it is cruel, and would rather play Sony Palystation, or put on a collar shirt and dress pants and go out drinking in Boston. I think some of the younger people are too wrapped up in technology, nothing against it I enjoy it too, but I love the out doors. I live in southern NH, but the further north you go you find more hunters. When I moved here from Boston when I was 7, I spent all my free time catching bull frogs, snakes, turtles, and fishing, while most of the other kids were swimming, and playing on the swing set. I’ve always love camping fishing hiking and the great outdoors, but our type is limited. I know a lot of people who are just fair weather campers and even more who refuse to get their hands dirty, like it is some disgusting thing.

Quick Reply: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.