Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool! >

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Old 12-01-2003, 12:06 PM

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

I' m 32 been huntin for as long as I can remember, if it' s in season i' m huntin it. My wife loves to hunt, but can' t as much as she would like due to kids activities. My two boys ages 14 & 12 love to hunt also, but it' s my 7 yr. old daughter that begs to go everytime i leave the house, (surprisingly enough she is very quiet) and loves to shoot her bow.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:31 PM

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Just turned 36 []. I started shooting when I was 4 and had my first bow when I was 8. It was a Ben Pearson recurve which I still have. I started hunting when I was 10 with a 28 guage single shot and have mostly small game and varmit hunted since then. This is my first year bowhunting and deer hunting seriously. I have a 5 year old and an 18 month old, both boys [8D]. As soon as they are ready, hopefully they will join in on all the fun.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:56 PM

im 15 and gun hunted since i was 12 and gone with since i was 4. i started bowhunting last year and this year i got my first doe. we need more kids to keep coming, maybe video games shold be outlawed?
Old 12-02-2003, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I`m 51, been hunting since I was 8. Shot my first duck when I was 10 and I haven`t stopped waterfowling since(it`s a desease). Hunt everything else too.

Ron
Old 12-03-2003, 10:51 AM

32 here. Been at it since I was 9.

Recruited my 19 year old brother 2 years ago, and now he's hooked as bad as the rest of us. He's got a few friends on the fence .. just a matter of time before we've got them in the woods with us.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:50 PM

I am 32 and have been hunting since I was 6. My dad started me early, I took a few years off when I was in high school (girls& cars distracted me) but have since came to my senses. I hunt turkey, deer, hogs and anything else that is in season when my wife will let me out of the house. Introduced a buddy to deer hunting last year, he got a doe and is now hooked for good. My 10 year old daughter also goes with me early in the season when its not to cold. Our hunting club has 8 members and only one is older than I am.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:54 AM
Dominant Buck

My 6 year old grandson is clamoring for me to take him hunting already , but his Dad won't let him until he turns 8 . He has his own air rifle for now , tucked safely in Grandpa's gun cabinet , and will soon be the recipient of a .22 youth bolt .
Old 12-04-2003, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am 58 been hunting small game since I was about 10 started hunting deer at 13 with a friend started bowhunting at 19 and am still at it the only thing I hunt now is deer and bear I took my first turkey this year and didnt care much for the hunt so its back to deer I hunt 98% of the time with a bow maybe 1 or 2 days with a gun. I have 2 sons that dont hunt and 2 daughters and 1 of them hunts with me plus my grandson hunts.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

i am 17 now and i've been hunting on and off of reservations since i was 9
Old 01-03-2004, 05:18 PM

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool

im 13 and got my first bow this and i'm really exited to hunt with it

Quick Reply: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.