HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/41498-i-read-article-average-deer-hunter-age-42-future-looks-bleek-lets-do-our-own-pool.html)

monsterbuckland 10-29-2003 07:31 PM

RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool

i quess so far we are young but maybe the old timers dont have a computer! ill throw in old eddie the taxidermist, 72 and still uses a climber and shot a button the other day!

CuttnRun 10-29-2003 07:39 PM

RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

I' m 35 and have been hunting since I was 12. I' ve bowhunted for 5 years and there' s a real good chance that I will never pick up a gun to harvest a deer, again. My wife? Ha. I have a better chance of seeing our maker, than her hunting. Now, my 7 year old daughter, she will hopefully hunt someday. She shows some interest and she loves to shoot her bow. Cutt

jklinger 10-29-2003 07:41 PM

RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

I am 28 and have been hunting for 16yrs now. Hunting keept me out of a lot of trouble when I was younger!!

monsterbuckland 10-29-2003 07:45 PM

RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool

awesome keep it coming! this is a great post so far!

JeramyK 10-29-2003 07:51 PM

I' m 29 and I' ve been hunting since I was 12. I started going out with my grandfather when I was 8. I' d sit on stand with him and he' d teach me from his experiences.

Bowhuntrey 10-29-2003 07:59 PM

Im 21, been hunting since I was 15. I only bowhunt now.

jerseyhunter 10-29-2003 08:10 PM

I' m 47 and been hunting since I was 14. I might give it up......if I go blind.:D

PABeardBuster 10-29-2003 08:24 PM

I' m 17, this is my 6th year in the woods. I' ve killed 6 deer with archery tackle. I' ve taken 7 other deer in rifle season.

I' ve been a " hunter" ever since I was 3. My Dad used to carry me in a backpack and go grouse and rabbit hunting. He' d almost always sacrifice his chances of success to take me along as I was growing up. He' s still my favorite hunting partner and best friend. I' ve learned more about the woods from him than any book or magazine could' ve ever taught me.

Tyler

ShootinAgain 10-29-2003 08:26 PM

I' m 40 years old, been hunting since I was 10.[:-]

whitetails & muskies 10-29-2003 08:31 PM

I' m 45 and have been hunting since age 12. Before that I would be " the dog" and kick rooster phesants and rabbits out for my Dad and older brother. I love being in my stand bow hunting, although also love walking the big woods with my 7 mag in hand during rifle season.

Here in Wisconsin they have a " youth hunt" which is statewide this coming Saturday. Kids 12-15 years can hunt for does only under appropriate supervision with rifles/shotguns. Only the youth can hunt. I' ll be bow hunting, but on Saturday I have to wear blaze orange during this one day hunt. Many people don' t like this hunt because it' s getting prime time rut, and to a point I agree. They could have had it at an earlier time than now, although it is a good way to show the kids what they can look forward to when they get of age and can hunt a real " season" .