Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool! >

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Old 11-28-2003, 10:24 PM

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

I' m a relatively new hunter- only hunted these past two yrs- but I can' t think of anything else I' d rather be doing than hunting. I' m in high school, and when I get bored in class I think about where I can hunt that evening or where to put my stand in the woods. I look at the weather and think about where the deer may be moving, and invision that perfect shot on a trophy buck. I don' t understand how some kids at my school just sit inside and watch tv. It' s hard to think anyone can have a good weekend in deer season without hunting! It is such a part of my life now.
Old 11-28-2003, 10:35 PM

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

im 15 now and hav been out huntin small game with dad since i was about 4, i shot my first deer about 4-5 weeks ago and im lovin it.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:44 AM

I am 29 and have been hunting every year since I was 12 (except 4 years during the Marines) And I hunt anything that is edible and legal. I have only bow hunted for 5 years now and have never enjoyed hunting like this ever. I now get the dang shakes so bad I dont know how I hold my own bladder. It seems sometimes that I shake so bad after a shot I dont even have to worry about waiting to track the animal, cause by the time I am able to move again they should be good and dead. lol
Old 11-29-2003, 03:55 AM

Im 14, started going out at 3, started shooting at 4, started shooting game at 6.

Pick A Spot
Matt Whitehair
Old 11-29-2003, 04:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I' m 29 and have been hunting of some kind just about since I could walk. I have a son that' s ten years old. He' s been hunting with me since he was six and last year was his first year elk hunting, even though he can' t actually carry a gun or bow until he' s twelve. My daughter just turned nine and she has gone on a few small game and phesant hunts with me. They both dive right in when it' s time to butcher up the elk and deer.
Old 11-29-2003, 07:30 AM

I' m 32 and have been hunting for 20 years. My wife also hunts and she' s 31, hunting for 19 years. She only rifle hunts, but I' ve been trying to get her into bowhunting for the last 8 years. She' s not biting yet.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool

i' m 23, started hunting with my dad when i was 10, hunted on my own when i was 13
Old 11-29-2003, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

i m 17 and have been hunting since i was 10. started bow hunting last year and shot my first bow kill on new years eve.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

I hold Parent & Child seminars at the Deer Classic Shows in the midwest to get more women & children involved in hunting. I hope it helps, but it may be preaching to the choir.

When guys tell me they don' t hunt, I ask them why, and tell them how much fun it is, and how important it isas a management tool. When guys tell me they don' t hunt anymore, I ask them why, and encorage them to get back into it.

What WE all (not just us writers & speakers and those involved in conservation, pro-gun and pro-hunting organizations) need to do is reach out to someone we know who doesn' t hunt. How many of you guys belong to a pro-hunting organization? How may of you are actually willing to DO something about this? How many of you have contributed to the United States Sportsmen' s Alliance, the group that tries to save our hunting rights?

Somehow WE all have to get to those city kids, and those single parent kids, who don' t ever get to the country, don' t know anything about nature, dont' fish, never took a walk in the woods, fields or meadows, and show them how GREAT nature is, how necessary wildlife mangement is, and how FUN hunting, fishing and trapping is.

I think the NRA has some programs that can be given in schools, but WE need to give them. WE need to be PRO-ACTIVE.

One person on the forefront of this is my good friend Native American archery hunter Judy Kovar. She loves to go to schools, but she can' t finance it on her own. So, she cant get out there as much as she would like to.

We need to find a way to fund a school program on hunting and fishing, then find a way to get it into the schools, like PETA gets it' s nonsense into schools.

If we don' t, our kids and grandkids won' t have a chance to hunt, and the wildlife and the habitat will suffer.

If anybody has ideas, or has the gumption to DO something about this, I' d love to hear from them.

I haven' t " been on cause" for at least six months now. I' m about due for another session of " getting up on the soap box" and " rattling some cages" so we can reach out to those inner city folks; male, female, old, middle-aged, young, white, yellow, brown, black; it doesnt' matter. WE NEED more outdoorsman.

I' m waitin' to here from ya.

T.R.
Old 11-29-2003, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' m 21 and have been hunting since I was 4, carrying a gun since the law allowed.

Quick Reply: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.