Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool! >

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Old 11-01-2003, 10:18 PM

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

I am 34 started hunting small game when I was 11 and started bow hunting when I was 21
Old 11-01-2003, 10:50 PM

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

I' m 24 and have been hunting small game since i was 5, and deer since i was 9. I was blessed to have been brought this way and the Good Lord willing my kid' s will be too.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool

Lady Bow Hunter wrote:

Wow, your old! Just kidding! You know your my favorite aunt.

I' m 22, and grew up with a gun, fishin pole, and bow in my hand. I remember the days when i was just a little tike followin my father through the woods trying to step in his footprints in the snow.

There' s definatly no lack of hunters in my family, and the tradition definatly will not stop with me. I will pass my knowledge and ethics on to the next generation, just like my father, uncle, and grandfather (heck, even Lady Bow Hunter ) did for me.

Good luck out there everybody.
-BJ

**Official Member of Sneeky Schneider' s Hunting and Fishing Team**

Old 11-05-2003, 04:38 PM

I was brought up with a grandfather, uncles and cousins who always hunted. When young I was a vegetarian and anti-gun/anti-hunting. I started changing around my 30th birthday and at 31 I became a hunter. I am 46 and look back on my earlier life and just think " what the hell was I doing when I was younger?" I can' t imagine not hunting or spending most of my time in the woods. I' m just glad I finally got in touch with reality
Old 11-05-2003, 04:59 PM

i' m 42 and have been hunting(mostly bow) since 1978 , i didn' t start till i was 18 , and i' m still going strong !
Old 11-05-2003, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

just turned 46 sunday. hunting since i was 12, bowhunting at 13.
Old 11-05-2003, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool

i think were averaging less than 42 maybe 35 but how many 70 year old bow hunters or indians have computers??
Old 11-05-2003, 06:25 PM

I' m 27 i' ve been hunting since i was 14 with a bow. I just bought a bow for my girlfriend this year. 2 years ago she thought it was gross now she goes out with me all the time, deer is all we eat!
Old 11-05-2003, 06:33 PM

23, Been packin' heat since I was 12, and enjoying the outdoors since I could walk. Hunting and fishing is by far my favorite past times, and I try really hard to get other people involved. Most of my friends are avid hunters, and those that are not, are getting close to trying it. i hope to start teaching Hunter Saftey as soon as I' m out of college, but have been helping my Dad with it over the past few years. i just hope there are more people out there like me, to ensure that our heritage, as sportsmen continues, so that some day I can be sitting in my deer stand with my grandson/granddaughter.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:06 PM

59 been hunting all game in Mn & Wi since 8 yrs old last 20 with bow,rifle shotgun
pistol 5 yrs blackpowder and love it also kids,grankids and 2 great grand kids

Quick Reply: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.