Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool! >

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Old 10-31-2003, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

I' m 65 and have been flinging arrows at critters since 1963. My son is changing to a bow this winter and he is 32.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:30 PM

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

I' m 26, been gun hunting since I was 6 and started seriously bowhunting around 14.
Old 11-01-2003, 07:26 AM

Im 39 , and I have been hunting since I was 16. I got my first bow when I was about 14-15.

Old 11-01-2003, 07:46 AM

In you 40' s, you' re looking for a tree high enough to make you forget about your teenagers.

LOL , vc1111........I ain' t never climbed a redwood
Old 11-01-2003, 08:58 AM
Dominant Buck

I' ll soon be 60. Started hunting alone when I was 8. Happiness is 25 feet up.[8D][:-]

Watched 2 little buck duke it out this AM. Unfortunately, along with old age you forget to reach for the camera until it' s to late.[:@][:' (]Life is good.

Old 11-01-2003, 10:32 AM

I' m 34 started hunting when i was 27 and feel in love. I love being outdoors in the woods and just regret that i didn' t start earlier. My dad hunted but gave it up b4 i could remember. I won' t make that mistake with my kids ...they' ll get to make that choice for themselves at an early age
Old 11-01-2003, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

36 Here. Went deer hunting for the first time when I was 17, hunted for about 3 years then didnt hunt again until I was about 25. Started bow hunting 3 years ago and as long as I can find places to hunt, I will never turn back. Got my first bow kill about a month ago, and now I am hooked.
Old 11-01-2003, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

Im 48 started hunting at 12 been bow hunting 2 yrs ,3 deer so far, passed up 3 small bucks this yr so far. I would throw my rifle away in a heart beat if I had
to pick between the two, bow hunting is now my passion.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I' m 34 now (Wow, it feels weird to write that! ), and was fortunate enough to be introduced to hunting and fishing when just a little tyke; I was probably about nine or so when I killed my first cottontail with a single-shot 16 gauge.

Got into bowhunting in college because of the longer season dates, and like someone above mentioned, will probably never chase another whitetail with a gun, unless it' s to introduce my newborn son to the sport during rifle season.

I' m a pretty hard-core bow addict now, even purchasing a rifle tag so I can bowhunt during gun season.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:09 PM

26 and bow hunting my second year now. My wife is actually getting into it. She doesnt own a bow, she just like to video.

Quick Reply: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.