Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The PreRut?

Old 10-28-2003, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The PreRut?

Hey Folks, have you all noticed any Pre Rut activity yet? I live in Maryland and have noticed the bucks changing their behaviours but not really " pre-rutting."

Have you all seen/heard anything?
Old 10-28-2003, 11:39 AM

Default RE: The PreRut?

The only thing the bucks I hunt want to hump are acorns[]

Anyone have a acorn decoy[&:]
Old 10-28-2003, 11:57 AM

They seem to be starting to bump does in MN here. I watched a buck while driving pushing a doe and a friend of mine watched a buck chasing a doe all over the field the other day. Also talking with a mail carrier he said he has seen alot of bucks lately on his route.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you all have any thoughts when things might kick in around your area?

I have noticed mature bucks coming out at night in places I have never seen them so I think something is starting but nothing significant.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

Here in northern MN, been seeing bucks chasing does all week. Have seen " lots" of scrapes in my hunting area also. Rattled in 3 smaller bucks last night, so that seems to be working also. Happy Hunting! steve
Old 10-28-2003, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

seein a lot of scrapes and fresh rubs. it' s lookin good.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:19 PM

I' m here in northern NJ and I can say the pre-rut is on. For example, last Thursday I went to put down some bait at my buddy' s stand and my stand. Same old same old. When I returned 36 hours later, there were maybe 3-4 new rubs where they hadn' t been before. So, I think the pre-rut has started. I look FWD to seeing more deer movement when I hunt later this week and weekend.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I must admit I haven' t been out much so far. this season. I hunted Saturday morning and the conditions were good:

It was about 38 degrees, light winds, and I am not sure of the moon, but it was rising I think and it was not bright.

It was not cloudy.

I rattled (have had great success in past) and nothing. One doe slipped by and nothing else came through. Not even a young buck.

So I was just wondering what everybody was seeing because I can' t really put my finger on it here in Maryland. But I have a feeling its any day.

The Rut Moon Guide says Pre Rut is supposed to start around November 9.

Old 10-28-2003, 02:49 PM

Here in South Dakota the bucks are starting to fight and chase around the does.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:14 PM

im in SE Okla and last saturday i saw a good buck chasing a does and had a swolan neck tobad he didnt stop and walk closer to teh stand at 25 yds ida put him on the wall

Quick Reply: The PreRut?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.