Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is this buck big enough for ya ?? (picture) >

Is this buck big enough for ya ?? (picture)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is this buck big enough for ya ?? (picture)

Old 10-27-2003, 04:18 PM

Default RE: Is this buck big enough for ya ?? (picture)

That last one is definately framed...you can see the reflection of a window in the bottom right corner....but that doesn' t mean anything.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

Pffffttt....with bucks like that, those pix must be from Illinois.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a framed picture from where i sit. Definetly no painting...and if it was a painting, someone would be getting a lot of money for painting pictures that are clear like photo' s. lol

Old 10-27-2003, 04:55 PM

i seen all of them deer in my back yard. the big buck in the first pic on the left was 30 feet from my window . yeah wright . nice pics and i hope you can get one.

i hunted a place last year that had 24 bucks and 10 does in one field it look just like that all the bucks had big racks to. but on different farm so no shot.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:58 PM

To many inferior bucks,bad genetics,and very poor nutrition. If I was you, I' d start thinning them out ASAP.

Hell who I' m kidding, if I saw that many good bucks, I' d mess my pants.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:13 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

I' d settle for seeing a single deer this year. so far, it' s been bone dry for me. Best of luck to you on bagging one of those brutes.

David
Old 10-27-2003, 09:40 PM

Where is the challenge in hunting a place like that?? Seriously. I never really understood the excitement in just picking the biggest deer out of a crowd and whacking it.

How proud could you possibly be of a deer taken from that field?? It' s like fishing in a privately stocked pond full of 8 lb largemouths........sure it' s fun but the feeling of accomplishment just isn' t the same.

Now take a deer like that in a place where no one even dreams of deer that big and you have yourself a lifelong trophy you can be proud of.

Taking nothing away from the deer of course......they are awesome!!!

BTW there are more then one thing about this thread that don' t seem to jive.

If this land is so strictly managed how can it be public??........who is doing the managing??.......and if anyone can hunt there then it would be impossible to manage because you don' t know who is hunting and even if you do they are under no obligation to follow any rules other then the DEC laws.

Also, I find it VERY hard to believe that if a place like this existed and it was public......no one would know about it. EVERYONE for 3 counties in each direction would be posted on that field 24-7 until all those deer were on a wall somewhere.

Getting a deer out of a place that is crawling with them like roaches is a lot more killing then it is hunting. JMO.

Give me a call sometime and you can come hunt my state land where you are lucky if you even SEE a deer. I have been out 6 FULL days already this year and not seen a single deer. Anything with 6 pts or better is a REAL nice deer and the thought of letting something walk by never even crosses your mind.........unless you know a good recipe for carcass tags

Now that is hunting

I have always said that the land a person gets to hunt is the biggest factor in that hunters success level. Imagine the racks you would have on your wall if you hunted this spot every year and got to scout it all offseason???

Would that make you a great hunter?? or a good hunter that has access to a great spot??

Enough ranting..............sweet deer []
Old 10-28-2003, 07:27 AM

by23856 - Not even close

Bowhuntrey - They are all pictures of pictures (except the skull).

atlasman - Wow, I never knew a couple of pictures of big bucks would raise the challenges of ethics and game farming @!

Heres the deal. This place is several thousand acres of public land. Its strictly managed by a resident draw system that allows for bowhunting only to a very few people. Only a handfull of bucks come off it each year as a result of the strict system. These bucks are 100% wild deer in an area that isn' t really known for large racked bucks. How is it possible ? Age and nutrition. Most of the big bucks they find dead and/or are killed are like 3.5 - 5.5 and older. They found sheds of a 230" non-typical and had a 200" non-typical (gross) killed there. 1.3 - 1 doe/buck ratio from what I' ve been told.

Wheres the challenge ? I hunted there for 3 days already and I' ve seen 3 does and a small buck. The place is unreal thick and nasty, and I like hunting thick and nasty. I might very well hunt there the next 2 weeks and not see a big buck. Public land hunting, surrounded by private land that gets hunted hard = smart bucks. This is no gimmee hunting, its an opportunity to hunt in an area that has quality deer as opposed to hunting an area that has probably just as many deer, just not as quality.

I will keep taking my camera to my stand as I hunt this place and hope to snap a few of the big ones that come through - hopefully. Might even arrow one with my longbow !
Old 10-28-2003, 07:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Geez, Why don' t some of you grow a set and call him a liar,that' s is what your hinting at isn' t it?

Stealthy, If you need someone to help you verify what your saying is the truth let me know.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

atlasman...you are a friggin' idiot pal!!! I' ve never heard such completely ridiculous statements! How unbelievable. You reveal much about your knowledge, or lack thereof, of deer and deer hunting with your ignorant comments.

Yeah, these bucks, that are in velvet, in the summer, in bachelor groups all stay on the same 1/2 acre piece of ground all through October, and through the rut, and even post-rut, giving the hunter 3 solid months of grocery shopping opportunities for a big buck with daily sightings of 5 or more PY bucks per hunt. Gimme a break!!! Unbelievable! If anything, these hawgs will be much, much more difficult to hunt once the season begins and will most likely disperse to increase their range by frickin' miles and miles! They feel the pressure of hunters and " bye bye" they go nocturnal...especially on public ground. Soooo many times a bachelor group like this can be seen only to never be seen again until the following summer. You go ahead and pursue your field of dreams filled with 1.5 year old basket racks because for some reason in your small mind they make a much more difficult trophy to hunt. I' m still amazed by your comments[X(][X(][X(]

Quick Reply: Is this buck big enough for ya ?? (picture)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.