Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New, seeking recurve bow hunting info - white tail and small game  great plains area >

New, seeking recurve bow hunting info - white tail and small game great plains area

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New, seeking recurve bow hunting info - white tail and small game great plains area

Old 02-16-2017, 05:59 PM
Spike

Default New, seeking recurve bow hunting info - white tail and small game great plains area

Hello,

I'm a new user here and I am just trying to get a load of information on roaming bow hunting. I've been elk and rabbit hunting with my rifles in Colorado for 12 years and always enjoy it. Got a lot of rabbits and 4 elk over the years.
I have a 45 pound recurve and have been practice shooting small game for a few months to help me get some muscle memory in my shooting form and hone in my aim. I'm very interested in small game hunting (turkeys, grouse(if the population comeback up) and rabbits)as well as white tail deer in the northeastern plains of Colorado zones 87 to 103.

Problem is I can't shoot a deer with my bow from 200 yards or a rabbit from 25 very easily. Pretty much know nothing about calls, scents or camoflauge Or techniques relates to hunting in the plains. I have to research migration patterns still and hunting regions where I want to hunt. But if you have that information to share about north eastern Colorado I would appriciate it.

TLR- Mostly looking for calling information, scents and camouflage information for roaming bow hunting in the plains. White tail deer and small game with a 45 pound recurve.