HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   CAMO: The INFAMOUS HAWAIIAN SHIRT! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/41056-camo-infamous-hawaiian-shirt.html)

JeffB 10-25-2003 04:49 AM

CAMO: The INFAMOUS HAWAIIAN SHIRT!

And here is the link to the site :D

http://www.whitetail.com/camo1.html

tabby 10-25-2003 09:31 PM

RE: CAMO: The INFAMOUS HAWAIIAN SHIRT!

LOL. BTW, deer are capable of seeing some colors.

liquidorange 10-26-2003 10:47 AM

i thought i read they can see shades of blue and yellow. this subject was done by the a.s.a.t. people years ago. i still think any 3-d type camo with not too much of any one color does the same thing.

MassBowhunter 10-26-2003 12:55 PM

That was pretty good. :) Now when will he break out the ultra high tech UV sensitive camera and run the same test!! :D

JeffB 10-26-2003 02:57 PM

Yeah..I know they can see some color variations..:D

Although I totally agree with his assessment of Predator vs. most other camo patterns from my own experience, that Hawaiian shirt thing just cracks me up :D

Greg / MO 10-26-2003 05:14 PM

GREAT link, Jeff!

You guys are really making me itch to dig into my wallet for a whole new camo wardrobe!!

xibowhunter 10-26-2003 05:46 PM

i' m going to get me a hawaiian shirt!! predator should give that guy free camo!

BenfromVa 10-26-2003 06:41 PM

I do have to agree with mosy of what he says. Check this out also....

HOW STICKS N' LIMBS FOOLS THE EYESIGHT OF DEER AND OTHER BIG GAME ANIMALS
It' s not so hard to make a camo that hides you at 15 yards. There are many. But what happens as you move further away? In the majority of cases, you quickly become a solid object. And the deer are 100 yards, and 60 and 40 yards from you before they are 15.

RICO' S LAW OF DISTANCE VISION
A major problem with camouflage is that it becomes a dark, solid blob -- even at fairly short range.
When we wear camouflage like that, it turns us into a human shaped, solid object that is quickly detectable to deer and other wild game.

There is a good reason for it.

It is the way eyes work!

As an object moves farther away, the optical system looses the ability to see its detail. So the eye interprets it as a solid colored object and identifies it by its shape. The smaller a camouflage design is the closer this happens, too. Scientists named this visual principle Ricco' s Law of Distance Vision. Simply put, it means that the mechanics of the eye want to make distant objects appear as solid objects so they can be quickly identified by their shape.

Ricco' s Law is the scientific reason why most camouflage does not (and cannot) work at a distance.

Sticks N' Limbs is a big design with a bold contrast and the perfect coloration to camouflage you at 40, 60, or 100 yards. . .as well as at 10. To begin with, I countered Ricco' s Law by utilizing scientific principles that (1) break up the human outline and (2) make us appear to be a familiar object in the wild: tree limbs and brush.

Hunters always tell me things like this;

" If deer, bear, etc. look at me they act like I am not there," and, " I can move and game doesn' t pay me any attention," and, " It doesn' t matter where I hunt, your camo works."

I hear these comments every day. And believe me, it is no accident. The scientific principles I used to make Sticks N' Limbs so adaptable are: Binocular Rivalry; 3-Dimensional use of Size, Texture, and Color; and the phenomenon of Blurred Images."

Why does Sticks N' Limbs work close and far away? Because Ricco' s Law holds true with everything that has eyes.

BINOCULAR RIVALRY
Black Limbs dominate the Sticks N' Limbs design. They create Binocular Rivalry!

Game animals immediately focus on the black limbs and a visual phenomenon called Binocular Rivalry makes the rest of you vanish. Binocular Rivalry forces the game' s total attention on the black limbs in the Sticks N' Limbs camo design.

That makes them loose sight of the rest of the design.

Ever seen a black and white checkerboard?

An example of Binocular Rivalry is when you look at a black and white checkerboard -- you immediately focus on the Black squares. It takes a conscious effort to focus on the White squares. There are two parts to the checkerboard, but the black squares dominate. This is Binocular Rivalry and Sticks N' Limbs uses it to make its' limbs dominate and cancel out the part of the design that is ... you.

3-Dimensional Techniques That Work At A Distance
Artists use Size, Detail, Color and Shading to give 3-Dimensional depth to a painting. Their technique works great ... at arms length.

But camouflage is not about " arms length" .

An artist' s intricate 3-D shadings and eye pleasing design details are not distinguishable at 10 yards -- let alone 25 to 100 yards -- so the " arms length" 3-D effect of an intricate design is completely lost. Sticks N' Limbs uses 3-Dimensional techniques that work at any distance. The limbs are life size so they look correct from any range. And even though the background colors may appear to be light, they are not -- their light tones blend right into nature, any season and anywhere. Sticks N' Limbs is a big design with the right contrast and coloration to be 3-Dimensional at any distance. Game looks right through you.

BLURRED IMAGES
Sometimes deer stare right at us but can not identify us. Ever wonder about that?

Here' s what happened.

If a figure does not contrast enough with its surroundings it fades from view. And once an object disappears from view the eye has difficulty reorganizing the image. That is due to the optical phenomenon of Blurred Images.

Sticks N' Limbs colors, natural shaped limbs, and its use of Binocular Rivalry give you a Blurred Image. Game animals have trouble organizing you into a human form, because to them you look just like some limbs.

And the good news is that the longer they look at you ... the better your chances are they won' t see you.

Here is the link.
http://www.bowhunting.net/sticks/default.htm

JeffB 10-26-2003 06:45 PM

Used Sn' L for a couple of seasons..GREAT pattern.just the quality of the items was not so hot..didn' t like the construction or fit.

BenfromVa 10-26-2003 06:52 PM

Thats good to know...about the quality, I was thinking of ordering some. Maybe I won' t. Thanks for pointing that out.