Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 THE 12 POINT IS DEAD! >

THE 12 POINT IS DEAD!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

THE 12 POINT IS DEAD!

Old 10-24-2003, 04:47 PM

Default THE 12 POINT IS DEAD!

But not by my arrow. I guess Thursday evening, a kid shot the 12 point. He was set-up on the opposite side of my property line.

Now, what makes this worse is the kid who shot it. Some of you may remember me telling you two years ago about a kid who shot a deer in the same place, a little 7 point, that I found a few days later. He shot the deer, but, he didn' t track it like we normally do, he drove his 4-wheeler through the woods and just looked for it. I found it just yards off the trail. If he would have got off his 4 wheeler he would have found the deer, as the deer had been double lung' d.

I am kinda disappointed about that. I put ALOT of time and effort into hunting that deer, just to have someone else shoot him, and it being that kid just makes it worse.

On the bright side though, I did see a VERY VERY big 9 point, ALOT bigger than that 12 point, last night while spotting, and he is hanging out in one of my other hunting areas. This 9 point has good mass, big brow-tines, big tines all around actually, and he is probablly close to 20" wide. Along with him I have seen a WIDE 8 point hanging in my honey hole. He doesn' t have the greatest tine length, but he has great mass, palmation between his tines, and probablly a 23" wide spread.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:52 PM

Default RE: THE 12 POINT IS DEAD!

That really sucks man, have you tried going and talking to the kid about it or his parrent, mabey yall can work something out.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

I' m happy for the kid he made a mistake and hopefully learned from it, now he has a nice one.

put ALOT of time and effort into hunting that deer, just to have someone else shoot him
That' s hunting.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:10 PM

im sorry Buck! but there is always more deer in the woods (fish in the see) haha corny.. but Im going to be a devil' s advocate here on what MT said.. if he was on the other side of the property line then there is nothing that Buck can do.. the kid did shoot it fair and square.. I dont know about you but if I shot a large buck and you came to my house and asked me if you could have it back cause you were hunting it too....well Id be mighty upset and say some things that you wouldnt like.. especially it being a kid.. hed probably be heartbroken...and take revenge and make matters worse.. never know what kids will do..
Old 10-24-2003, 09:35 PM

Hey guys,

I have pretty much gotten over it now. The kid, well, guy who shot it is probablly 21 years old, but, I just refer to him as a child because of the way he acts.

My girlfriend knows the kid as he use to like her and he wanted to date her. Well, he got ticked off when I started dating her. Well, somehow he found out that I was hunting that deer, and I have a good idea of how. I invited a friend of mine who has never got a nice buck to come hunt out here. I told him that if he had a shot at that 12, to take it. Well, he must have opened his mouth.

Well, my girlfriend saw the " guy" who shot the deer today and he walked up to her and told her " Tell your boyfriend that I shot his 12 point" . That is where most of my frustration came from. His childish act of bragging.

But, I am sure that I will be all smiles when I shoot a bigger buck and put pics of it in the newspaper and distribute them all through town
Old 10-26-2003, 02:42 PM

Childs...play nice....y' all carry weapons.
Old 10-26-2003, 02:46 PM

ooops...forgot to say, " Good luck with your 8 or 9 pointer" .
Old 10-27-2003, 09:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

His childish act of bragging.

But, I am sure that I will be all smiles when I shoot a bigger buck and put pics of it in the newspaper and distribute them all through town
Yup, that will show him. Who the real chidish braggert is.[&:]
Old 10-27-2003, 11:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

I remember the story about the kid and the ATV.

I am sorry to hear that you did not get a crack at that buck....but at least you know for sure what happened to it...as opposed to it being a repeat of the 7 pointer incident.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

youll have that.....thats why i NEVER give out my hunting spots.....not even to my best friend.......theres one kid who i let hunt with me...but he doesnt know a good spot if it beat him on the head.....and its not my top spots i take him into either....we live close to eachother and we hunt behind my house together....but he doesnt have a clue where my real spots are....noone but dad does.....and he wont tell anyone either.....it may seem like greed but look what happens when you tell someone.....too bad about your deer....you should learned a valuble lesson....if your going to put all your time into a good animal dont blab about it...be like me and say you didnt see jack.....point them across the county and say your spots there.....somewhere really obvious everyone hunts.....thats what i do......or i just say....." the mountians" too bad about your deer......good luck on the bigger one......i cant wait to see you with it!!

Quick Reply: THE 12 POINT IS DEAD!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.