Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Back yard buck

Old 09-28-2016, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Default Back yard buck

I have been getting tons of pics of this buck at night just 50 yrds from my back porch on a 1 acre lot. It would be real hard to pass if I was to get a look at him with the bow in hand my only concern is I think he is only 3.5 yrs. I need a good daytime pic to judge a bit better. Still there are tons of houses going up on the land behind my house so this may be the last year I get to watch him anyway. What yall think
Attached Thumbnails Back yard buck-backyardbuck2016.jpg  
Old 09-28-2016, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

great buck, I'd be hard pressed to let that walk if I was hunting

can you legally hunt your yard??

I have seen a LOT of big bucks on developments where hunting isn't allowed , well, only hunting going on is by cheaters

one private gated development near me has a LOT of problems with poaching
they even were on local new's where folks were driving thru in Van's opening the side doors shooting and running out and grabbing and throwing in van and taking off??
in my area EVERYONE Know's all about the issue's there
and NO one still does anything
Game warden told me, this
YEAH we know lots of problems in there, and then move on!!

A shape
them cheaters ONLY kill bucks ?
Old 09-28-2016, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Its legal here to hunt your own property or property you have permission to hunt. Its actually not annexed by any city so goes by county laws. Even if the city was over it you could still hunt but just with a bow. My damn neighbor is always outside shooting a rifle and like I said we are only on 1 acre each. I kinda wish the city would take it over so I could get that stopped
Old 09-29-2016, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

That buck is a beast. Who cares how old he is?
Old 09-29-2016, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have neighbors too that all shoot in there smaller lots, 1-2 acres
we even have a rifle/pistol. shotgun range at the end of the road, and they still prefer to just fire at will out in there back yards??
they shoot 24/7 here too
I swear you cannot sit outside for more than a hr ANY time of day OR night and not hear a gun shot or MANY

I'm a gun guy so I don't really care, but it always makes me wonder when folks are shooting at 2-3-4-5 am, 1- to 50 shots and then Nothing?

I mean, I am sure some are poaching(it seems inbreed in this area) but since I have one neighbor that is a game warden and another that just retired
and they don't care(also do lots of them wee hrs shootings them self)
don't do me any good to rock the boat here!
also have a neighbor that is township supervisor, and one that is retired state trooper,
and the gun rage gets used by about 20 local police depts to qualify, day and NIGHT

NO one seems to care what is going on with the shootings LOL
Old 09-29-2016, 11:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Wow what a nice buck. If nobody local wants to kill him ask him to head out to Vermont tonight. I'll be glad to post signs in the woods all the way from OK to Vt so he doesn't get lost.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

I'd get him while the getting's good. He missing a leg?
Old 09-29-2016, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by woodenb14
I'd get him while the getting's good. He missing a leg?

If I get a chance I will for sure. Just not making any mistakes the last few years lol. He has all 4 legs the pic does make it look like he is missing one though. Last year he didn't come around till the rut so he must of liked something to stick around. Just got to get him comfortable or have a good cold front come in to get him moving around a bit
Old 09-30-2016, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

Yep, I would stick him. Good buck.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

I got these in my back yard too.
Attached Thumbnails Back yard buck-wgi_0070.jpg   Back yard buck-wgi_0405.jpg   Back yard buck-wgi_0420.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.