Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Settle this debate between me and my friends. >

Settle this debate between me and my friends.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Settle this debate between me and my friends.

Old 09-25-2016, 11:09 AM
Banned

Default Settle this debate between me and my friends.

Ok so my friend and I are having a little disagreement. He says sitting overlooking a secluded bean field in the morning would be the way to go. I believe having a stand in the woods in morning and sitting on the edge of the bean field in the evening is my best bet. What is your guys honest opinion?
Old 09-25-2016, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

For bow hunting BOTH situations CAN be great. It would rely more upon your entrance to your stand. If you can get into it while not disturbing the deer in the field in the morning then great. If you can't, then the afternoon sit would be ideal. Catching them coming INTO the field.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

I would vote woods morning field evening.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right now neither is that good.....Find an oak tree but if you are hunting a field its woods in the morning field in the evening or woods in the morning and evening.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridgerunner56
I would vote woods morning field evening.
I agree with this, in my area, most all deer are long gone out of fields by sun rise, so, there is little to no odd's of killing on me coming out of a crop field in the AM, in legal shooting light!
I do bets about 200-250+ yards back from a field edge in the AM, and see MOST movement at about 9;30-10 am, as most are bedded by day break, so have to wait for them to get up and move after feeding all night and a short nap at sun rise LOL
Old 09-25-2016, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you seen much movement from 8:00-9:00, mrbb? My dad went out for TN's archery opener Saturday and saw good deer movement in the woods near a powerline between 8:30-45. He got out of the stand and checked game cams at 9:30am. I kind of wondered if he should have stuck it out at least until 10:00, but then again, days may be shorter where you are.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:19 PM
Fork Horn

I've always had better luck in the evening in the fields. Do you have game cameras where your going? It's hard to argue with date an time stamps....
Old 10-02-2016, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

What reb1 said....put up a trail camera or plot watcher and see when and where the Deer are traveling.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

I honestly avoid fields during archery season. I prefer to hunt the edge of the thicket they go in and out of. Right now, the White Oaks are dropping acorns in the south, and you couldn't pay me to sit a field.BB